Got bored one weekend and decided to set up a vendor/device config since I had a couple spare Droids sitting on my desk. It worked, so I tried cloning Cyanogen's repository to see if that would too. It did, and this project is the result.
ChangelogCode:#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
CHANGELOG at eclair from cyanogen's android_vendor_cyanogen - GitHub
* Can be used with or without Google applications
* Clean shutdown/startup system
* New Apps2SD method implemented mostly by Chris Soyars. Create an ext4 partition and enable it in settings->applications (wiki page coming soon)
* Built in USB tether
* Graphical enhancements, trippy bootanimation, #boobs, and excellent wallpapers by Prash
* ARM NEON optimizations from 0xdroid and Qualcomm
* Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, bash, and all engineering commandline utilities
* FLAC audio support from Kenny Root
* Phone enhancements from Cytown
* Contacts enhancements from Wysie
* MMS enhancements from, well, everyone (see changelog)
* Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
* DeskClock tweaks- longer autosilence and "require unlock" option
* Huge collection of ringtones and audio
* Customizable Nexus live wallpaper by Chris Soyars and me
* All available locales are included thanks to PsychoBoy
* 360-degree auto-orientation by Optedoblivion and Elanthis (enable in settings)
* OpenVPN integration thanks to James Bottomley
* Music app can respond to long-press on the volume buttons (from Metalhead)
* Launcher2 tweaks from ruqq
* Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors
* Tons of work on the build system by Koush and Chris Soyars
All source code is available at the Koush Github
- First time flashing CM to your Droid?
1. Install ROM Manager from the Market.
2. Flash Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager.
3. In ROM Manager, choose Download ROMs, select CyanogenMod.
4. Choose the latest version. When prompted, you probably also want the Google Addons as well. Wait for it to download. There will be a progress meter in your notification area.
7. Download complete! Choose "Backup" and "Wipe Data" before you install.
8. ROM Manager will then boot into recovery, perform the backup and wipe, and install. And you're set!
1. You will receive an OTA update notification via ROM Manager (at midnight or on boot). Just accept it! You can also just go back into the download area and download it if you don't want to wait.
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!
- Do NOT report bugs in themed or modified builds to me. I will not care or respond.
Zip files for manual installation via Clockwork Recovery:
Latest version: 220.127.116.11 Droid - 04/7/2010
Google Addon: EPE54B