A quick brief on what ROM Manager is:
ROM Manager is a tool that allows you to download and install ROMs from a convenient Android based UI, rather than through recovery. You can also perform phone backups, sd card partitioning, and other utility functions. It makes ROM installation and options painless and easy!
Tips for using ROM Manager:
- When switching between ROMs, I highly recommend wiping data and backup as part of the switch process.
- If you find yourself missing applications or having force closes due to "class not found" errors in logcat, use Fix Permissions within ROM Manager.
- The first flash of recovery via ROM Manager is sometimes buggy due to an issue with some versions of Superuser. It will get "stuck" after you choose "Always Allow" and then possibly show an error. Just press back, and try again. It will usually work.
- If you have root access, and continue getting "Error running privileged commands", try applying the droid-root.zip. Some versions of Superuser are a little buggy. I have verified that the droid-root.zip version works fine.
- Make sure you have an SD card inserted and not mounted to your PC.
- If something goes wrong while in recovery, you would be a great help if you can get me a copy of /tmp/recovery.log and /tmp/extendedcommand before you reboot.