DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: FAQ What is Rom Manager and how do I use it

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    120 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    That sort of worked. Got me much closer. Got errors on the install and then it just threw me into Clockwork recovery.
    I think I can get it from here though.

Thanks a lot!

//EDIT// Manual Install looks like it worked.
    Rebooting...
    and...
    different boot animation...
    Waiting....
    Damn: boot loop.
    Trying again...

//EDIT EDIT//
    I'm good. I like it but miss 7 already. lol
    Last edited by PereDroid; 06-06-2011 at 10:33 AM.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by romanrish View Post
    3. Before you do anything you need to create a backup. This is your safety net if something doesn't go right. Go under the section of the application that says "Backup and Restore" and select "Backup Current ROM". You will be prompted to name your backup. I suggest with naming it either the name of your current ROM version or date you did the backup(ex: Cyanogen5053 or UltimateDroid811). Your phone will now reboot into recovery to complete the backup.
    I just rooted (first time ever) a Droid 1, therefore a newbie. I downloaded the free version of Rom Manager. When I try to do this step, it just boots into the screen with exclamation mark on it (correct term for that screen?). I gave it about a minute and then held my volume and camera buttons to go into recovery mode, then just rebooted the system. Should I be giving it longer? After rebooting, I went to view my back-ups but there is nothing there. I've watched a dozen Youtube videos on this and browsed around, but can't seem to figure this one thing out.
  3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HikenGruven View Post
    I just rooted (first time ever) a Droid 1, therefore a newbie. I downloaded the free version of Rom Manager. When I try to do this step, it just boots into the screen with exclamation mark on it (correct term for that screen?). I gave it about a minute and then held my volume and camera buttons to go into recovery mode, then just rebooted the system. Should I be giving it longer? After rebooting, I went to view my back-ups but there is nothing there. I've watched a dozen Youtube videos on this and browsed around, but can't seem to figure this one thing out.
    The screen you went to was known as "Stock Recovery." Did you actually use ROM Manager to flash clockwork mod recovery? There is an option right at the top as soon as you open it up to do so. Just select it then make sure to select Droid 1. Once it is done you should be able to boot into CWR as long as it worked.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Stock)
    Yes, I used Rom Manager to flash clockwork mod recovery when I first installed the app. I believe that's what occurred in Step #2. When I do the back-up in Step #3 and it goes into the Stock Recovery, should I just wait a few more minutes or is there a sequence of keys I should press?
  5. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    No if you are hitting reboot recovery in ROM Manager it should boot you right into it. I know that it does not always take right away. Try reflashing it a couple more times and then try booting into it again and see what happens.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Links