DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Batter Life App - troubleshooting ideas?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    GSM Galaxy S3 & GSM Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudstrife05 View Post
    What I did instead what just buy another battery. I use my Droid how I want and just recharge at the end of the day.

People just get too stressed out on trying to "configure" their phone to get an extra hr or 2 out of it.

BUt to answer your question, there a couple of Battery applications in the Market that monitor whats being used/run that would give you a better idea of whats going on with your phone. Sorry I couldnt help you out more.
    I'm in complete agreement with cloudstrife on this. This is *not* a dress rehearsal for life. Rather than stress out and cut back on apps or display settings, simply buy a bigger battery. That solution permits you to run your display the way you want to and run any apps you like whenever you wish.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    Quote Originally Posted by itchn2go View Post
    I found spare parts will indicates sleep time. My phone clearly is not sleeping. Any suggestions on how to figure this out is welcomed.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by jerroedr View Post
    kinda sounds like your phone isnt sleeping
    Ed,

Did you go through some of what I posted in reply #9? The biggest culprits can be gps running, wifi and or your 3g connection having difficulty maintaining a connection, and spending all night just trying to connect. Other than that widgets trying to update all night, or other apps that have syncing privilages doing the same. If this is happening on a stable rom, then those are where I would look. If you are running a GB hybrid, who knows.......

Craig
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Treo> Cento> Droid1> Rezound
    Craig,

thanks for reading. yeah, i went through all that. I am 10 feet from my wireless router and have 5 bars on VZW with strong 3G (tower near by). GPS off and but the phone would not sleep.

I bit the bullet yesterday and did a reset and wiped all data. I got compcache and the OC running first then started to install a few apps. Went to bed @ 90% battery and woke up to 90% battery!

Spare parts confirmed the phone slept all night (on 3G). It appears that on WiFi the phone does not sleep. I have the sleep setting (advanced wifi) set to when screen is off.

I will install my apps a few at a time and monitor the sleeping habits of the phone

I have a feeling this is going to be great once i get it set!

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Bear in NM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by itchn2go View Post
    I found spare parts will indicates sleep time. My phone clearly is not sleeping. Any suggestions on how to figure this out is welcomed.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by jerroedr View Post
    kinda sounds like your phone isnt sleeping
    Ed,

Did you go through some of what I posted in reply #9? The biggest culprits can be gps running, wifi and or your 3g connection having difficulty maintaining a connection, and spending all night just trying to connect. Other than that widgets trying to update all night, or other apps that have syncing privilages doing the same. If this is happening on a stable rom, then those are where I would look. If you are running a GB hybrid, who knows.......

Craig
    Last edited by itchn2go; 01-08-2011 at 05:57 AM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    it appears other are having my issue. I have confimred it is WIFI. Phone does not sleep with wifi on and drains the battery. CM 6.1.2 with Modified VSEL's

Battery issue came back, anyone else? - CyanogenMod Forum
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    Itch,

Have you tried playing with the wifi sleep policy settings in Spare Parts? Perhaps choosing a different toggle will help. I went through the thread you linked, and those folks are all over the place as the "reason". Wifi to Launcherpro. It is a worthwhile read as there is good information, but my take is that no one solution seemed to work for everyone.

Craig
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    craig,

i don't see wifi setting in spare parts. the only sleep function is the pwr button. I have that set to sleep when pressed. with wifi on and that set it still does not sleep. bizzare...

I know that thread was all over the place i was just referencing it since others were having a problem...no solution but i am not alone

with wifi off battery seems great. the phone is sleeping again.

you know anything about rack and pinions in cars? lol...having car troubles too
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    Itch,

The only thig I know about rack and pinion is that in my work truck mine needs work, that will have to wait until work picks up.....new phone - truck repair? Truck repair - new phone? The new dual core phones have my attention.

In my version of spare parts there is a wifi sleep policy setting. I just checked and it looks like I may have nuked the spare parts in CM6.1.2 and downloaded the market version.

Craig
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links