I too am having the same issues with a select few apps that wont install successfully in CM 6.1
I had to revert back to RC5 to keep the functionality that I am depending on. The app I am missing the most (along with twitter) is Memoires (keeping a health log that syncs with gdocs).
Kudos to all who have put hardwork into porting CM's hard work to the Droid. Thank you for all the themes, everybody, too. Maybe someday I could contribute more than a forum post to the noble cause.
let me know if clearing the dalvik cache works (if you get to it before I do)
thank you furbearingmammal! that seemed to work for me. hooray, 6.1 final!, now I need to find me a fun theme again!
interesting observation though, when it came up, some of the apps I had issues with the first time, i did not this time (and no updates from those devs in the mean time), so it was almost like the failings were random. I did the dalvik-cache clean up, and all is hunkydory.
It's a good idea to clean that cache out every couple of weeks. It's amazing how gunked up it gets.
Sort of like (or exactly like, depending) cleaning up the prefetch folder on Windows. I have to do THAT every couple of weeks of my Yahoo Messenger won't connect.
ok just got home from class and am pleased to see that clearing the dalvik cache worked.
i'm all over it now. i'll post back with the results
i "attempted" to delete dalvik cache through terminal emulator...it appeared to work as planned...
phone rebooted, then i proceeded to try to install the apps through titanium and still no luck.
so i opened up root explorer, clicked on cache, clicked on dalvik cache and there was all kinds of junk in the folder. so i don't know if thats the cache that everybody was talking needs to "build back up" after the reboot or if my terminal attempt failed
btw that was the first time ever using terminal so who knows if i did it right.
so i deleted everything out of that dalvik cache folder using root explorer and rebooted.
again tried to restore apps via titanium, and still no luck
edit: okay so i again opened up root explorer and have found more dalvik cache strewn about in different folders...so i'm searching around to try to get rid of all of it. we'll see how that goes