DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: phone upgrade

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

phone upgrade

So if we have unlimited data plan and want to upgrade our phone, is it.bye-bye unlimited data plan?

Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Only if you sign a new contract. If you buy it at full price or off of ebay you can switch phones every day with no issues.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    TB & Inc 1
    Assuming your asking about upgrading to a different phone, then yes you follow the info above. Although, my sisters boyfriend supposedly just upgraded without anything changing.

tap a talka thingy
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    thunderbolt
    I gave up my unlimited data. I would rather have a data cap that I will keep higher than I use, than have to pay full price for a phone.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by katatonic View Post
    I gave up my unlimited data. I would rather have a data cap that I will keep higher than I use, than have to pay full price for a phone.
    I got a Droid 4 from Ebay for 133 then got insurance to protect it. Thank God to add my daughter has dropped it a bazillion times and I'm sure will break it soon

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    So if you get a phone off Ebay, how do you activate it? On Verizons website? And you dont have to sign any new contracts when you do that right? Thanks
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    That's all you have to do. No new contract to sign. I have gone back and forth on the A855 to the thunderbolt a couple of times to make sure the A855 still works.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    In December I get an upgrade for my Thunderbolt and my wife's Dinc2. We both are on grandfathered unlimited. I know I can buy (full price) any 4g phone for me and keep unlimited. Will we lose her unlimited by getting an unsubsidized (full price) 4g phone for her? Right now I pay about $40 for her. $10 for the family plan, and $30 for data. I really don't want her to have to get her own plan.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by goresnet
    In December I get an upgrade for my Thunderbolt and my wife's Dinc2. We both are on grandfathered unlimited. I know I can buy (full price) any 4g phone for me and keep unlimited. Will we lose her unlimited by getting an unsubsidized (full price) 4g phone for her? Right now I pay about $40 for her. $10 for the family plan, and $30 for data. I really don't want her to have to get her own plan.
    I've activated a thunderbolt on My wifes line, as well as a DX2 and it hasn't changed her unlimited status whatsoever. As long as you don't sign a new contract and take advantage of their subsidized phone deals, you should be good to go. So you don't have to wait till dec. Either. Just buy a phone either from Verizon at full price, or from a third party like Ebay and activate it. You might have to get a different Sim card from your local Verizon store. They are free.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by joshxdroid View Post
    I've activated a thunderbolt on My wifes line, as well as a DX2 and it hasn't changed her unlimited status whatsoever. As long as you don't sign a new contract and take advantage of their subsidized phone deals, you should be good to go. So you don't have to wait till dec. Either. Just buy a phone either from Verizon at full price, or from a third party like Ebay and activate it. You might have to get a different Sim card from your local Verizon store. They are free.
    Did you activate since Verizon started the Share Everything bs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links