DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: RIP Thunderbolt, it's been fun.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    SIII
    Wow 5 inches seems huge. Heck this one is huge. I would like another HTC but now this matches my galaxy 10.1.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yes and no. They can put a 5 inch screen in the same size of phone at the Thunderbolt if there is a smaller bezel, which there should be. So basically, same dimension phone, but bigger screen, less wasted space.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    TB & Inc 1
    5'' screen and the same size as a tbolt?

tap a talka thingy
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Well we need to see the final specs, but yes its possible. Or close to the same size. Look at the other phones with bigger screens. All they do is reduce the bezel. Now.... HTC might funk this up and increase the size of the bezel, but I doubt it.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    TB & Inc 1
    I don't like the new screen dimensions. The galaxy 3 and the rezound are both taller and not as wide. Like the tbolt.
    Now the samsung note on the other hand is just a beast. For some reason I think I would actually want it. If this htc 1080 is for real I might have one.
    tap a talka thingy
    Last edited by wardo; 08-15-2012 at 06:33 PM.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    SIII
    I just don't see a 5 inch screen as a good idea in a phone.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06_Mir View Post
    I just don't see a 5 inch screen as a good idea in a phone.
    +1

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06_Mir
    Thanks for the offer, but I think my time with the Thunderbolt is over. I've been planning on getting a new one.. just not today..

Heck no they're not. The phone is 18 months old, well out of warranty and it shows a slight bit of abuse. It's actually been in a case its entire life, but that hasn't completely stopped 18 months of hard use. The only thing I'm really upset at Verizon about is screwing me around on activating a phone for a few days. They said they couldn't just switch a number on an unused iPhone on my plan (we keep an "extra" phone for situations like these) so I'd have to move an OLD Blackberry to the account and then move to the iPhone. Well I tried and they wouldn't do it because of voicemail? Yeah, I dunno. So I'm using a sweet BB Bold until I can get to Verizon and buy an S3 today. Ugh.
    Not really sure who you spoke to, but this is absolute bull****. You should be able to switch the IPhone and Thunderbolt lines so you have a working iPhone on ur line and ur broken thunderbolt on ur unused line. Call customer service and tell them you want to switch ur Thunderbolt line (or blackberry) with the iPhone. Then wrote to Verizon and give them the name and employee id number of the moron that told you that you couldn't switch phones around on you account. That is just simply FALSE.

Also, try fixing your Thunderbolt with the help of one of these guys. Don't give up your unlimited data without a fight.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by npro1464

Not really sure who you spoke to, but this is absolute bull****. You should be able to switch the IPhone and Thunderbolt lines so you have a working iPhone on ur line and ur broken thunderbolt on ur unused line. Call customer service and tell them you want to switch ur Thunderbolt line (or blackberry) with the iPhone. Then wrote to Verizon and give them the name and employee id number of the moron that told you that you couldn't switch phones around on you account. That is just simply FALSE.

Also, try fixing your Thunderbolt with the help of one of these guys. Don't give up your unlimited data without a fight.
    I talked to a few people about switching the I phone and thunderbolt lines. It was a bunch of bull but whatever. I'm happy with my s3 on unlimited and equally happy that despite the price I paid I can walk from Verizon any time I want.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links