DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: PDA net

  1. ryan.lafrancis's Avatar
    Member #
    194647
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    78
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #1

    PDA net

    Is pda net free or will I get charged for teathering from Verizon? Trying to find a way to get internet to my computer without paying for it.
  2. Developer
    trter10's Avatar
    Member #
    256906
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    191
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #2
    It's free
  3. ryan.lafrancis's Avatar
    Member #
    194647
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    78
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #3
    Cool thanks.
  4. Master Droid
    2001400ex's Avatar
    Member #
    20486
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    262
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan.lafrancis View Post
    Is pda net free or will I get charged for teathering from Verizon? Trying to find a way to get internet to my computer without paying for it.
    You can't access secured web sites, such as gmail. So I paid like 14.99 or something. I only use it once a month, but when I need it, I need it, so worth every penny. If you have a Motorola, you can use foxfi through WiFi, HTC phones can use foxfi only through Bluetooth if your computer has it.
  5. Droid Ninja
    geoff5093's Avatar
    Member #
    65390
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Goffstown, NH
    Posts
    1,347
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    #5
    There is always the chance Verizon will catch you tethering, as it is against their TOS. My friend got caught using a WiFi tether app for root users and had the tethering plan added to his bill, but he is on AT&T.
  6. Droid
    pogibry's Avatar
    Member #
    188090
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    81
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderB
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001400ex View Post
    You can't access secured web sites, such as gmail. So I paid like 14.99 or something. I only use it once a month, but when I need it, I need it, so worth every penny. If you have a Motorola, you can use foxfi through WiFi, HTC phones can use foxfi only through Bluetooth if your computer has it.
    I did the same thing until I discovered rooting and adding the wifi hotspot (i'm a current fan of Open Garden atm). But pdanet was nice though, I gotta admit that.
    Sent by B's ThunderB using good 'ol rooted OTA 2.3. Retro and lovin' life!
    "It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!"
  7. Master Droid
    2001400ex's Avatar
    Member #
    20486
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    262
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pogibry View Post
    I did the same thing until I discovered rooting and adding the wifi hotspot (i'm a current fan of Open Garden atm). But pdanet was nice though, I gotta admit that.
    Yeah, my OG Droid and rooted and rommed several times and constantly tinkered with it. I use my phone for business and just found that process consuming too much time and too little instability. So my Thunderbolt has been bone stock since day one, and I don't really miss rooting. If I didn't use my phone for work it would be a different story. So in absence of that, I need a different workaround.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Natey2's Avatar
    Member #
    129768
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,349
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    DROIDX
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001400ex View Post
    Yeah, my OG Droid and rooted and rommed several times and constantly tinkered with it. I use my phone for business and just found that process consuming too much time and too little instability. So my Thunderbolt has been bone stock since day one, and I don't really miss rooting. If I didn't use my phone for work it would be a different story. So in absence of that, I need a different workaround.
    +1. My thoughts exactly.

    I use my phone for work too.
    Some corporate applications (e.g. Good for Enterprise) can be configured by sysadmins to reject connections from jailbroken/rooted devices: FWIW, they consider these security-compromised devices.

    But I rooted my personal ICS 4.0.3 tablet (very recently), and I'm looking for CWM Recovery for it.

    Re: PdaNet - see Thinking of buying PdaNet?

    Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Natey2; 06-08-2012 at 09:25 AM.
  9. Master Droid
    2001400ex's Avatar
    Member #
    20486
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    262
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Natey2 View Post
    +1. My thoughts exactly.

    I use my phone for work too.
    Some corporate applications (e.g. Good for Enterprise) can be configured by sysadmins to reject connections from jailbroken/rooted devices: FWIW, they consider these security-compromised devices.

    But I rooted my personal ICS 4.0.3 tablet (very recently), and I'm looking for CWM Recovery for it.

    Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
    If you are using a DX, you are lucky. You can just instal Foxfi on an unrooted device and it works as a mobile hotspot, totally free. BTW, off topic, but I just upgraded my wife from the DX to the Razr Maxx, and wow that is an awesome upgrade. Foxfi works on that too. Of course at this point in time, waiting for the Razr HD might be the best course of action.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

caught using foxfi to tether
,
foxfi htc thunderbolt
,
foxfi user caught by verizon
,

foxfi verizon caught

,

free pda.net razor maxx

,
htc thunderbolt and foxfi
,
pda net htc phone
,
pda net htc thunderbolt
,
tether a verizon thunderbolt cell phone internet pc
,
verizon caught tethering
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+