DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thunderbolt to Razer

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    I haven't used the RAZR yet, but I've been wanting to upgrade from my Thunderbolt for a while - although when I actually get to trying out new phones I'm never impressed by them. My friend has the Nexus and while it's a nice phone, there's lots about it that annoys me. For one, the screen on the Nexus has a blue tint unless you are at full brightness, and overall it just feels like a toy. I'm pretty rough with my Thunderbolt, I put it down on the desk fairly hard, throw it in my cup holder in my car, I've accidentally dropped it, etc., and it still holds up great! Using the Nexus I felt like it would break if I dropped it an inch. I know you are looking at the RAZR, so some of these things are different, but for me I'm waiting until something really groundbreaking comes out. The Samsung Note looks promising!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJoe View Post
    If I would be switching. Which I am not. I would go from the TB to the Rezound.
    Yep, I agree.

I would rather have the Razr than the Thunderbolt myself anyway, but the Rezound would be a better choice for the OP just because it does everything the Thunderbolt does and better (faster CPU, better camera, better display ect..). So there would be no downside to switching. It doesnt sound like he cares about how thin or light the Razr is, or about it's AMOLED display. So there is really no reason for him to choose it over the Rezound from what I can see.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid charge
    Nexus rules! No other ph compares!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoBoEvo View Post
    Since the latest update, and the new Rezound battery, my Thunderbolt has been perfect. Yes I see all the latest and greatest coming out, but at this point I'm happy and don't have an upgrade, so that would mean full price on any phone, plus all the new wunderphones have the same big teething problems that have all been worked out on my Tbolt.
    I have not had any teething problems with the Rezound. I was expecting them, but I havent had any. It worked great on everything out of the box.

I agree it is best to wait to upgrade until you see something you REALLY want. Quad core phones will be coming out in a few months. I was coming from a Droid 1, so I was in a hurry to upgrade. If I'd had a Thunderbolt...I might not have been in such a hurry.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    What until you no longer can.

You'll be glad you did.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Bah.. garbage
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by armeddroid View Post
    I missed that news. HTC did say TBolt would be on the list to get ICS?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    No.. HTC is still giving out hand-jobs to anyone that asks, with the useless reply of:

"We're not done with that list yet, keep checking back!"

I'll believe that when HTC branded ICS is running on my Bolt. Until then,
    its corporate B.S.

In practice, I would expect forum devs to work up ICS months/years before HTC
    gets around to it, assuming they really are going to support a handset that's
    all of 9 months old and was the 4G flagship at release. *sigh*

Remember, HTC and Verizon are not in the business of writing software updates.
    They are in the business of selling new handsets and service. If they screw up
    and happen to support a device for longer than it takes to sell a few, consider
    us lucky.
    Last edited by sonicanatidae; 02-15-2012 at 02:38 PM.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    hothfox
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
    I am personally waiting for my March upgrade and planning on getting the Galaxy Nexus. I'll keep an eye on the rumor mill and see what else is supposed to be coming out shortly, but I want something with an NFC chip, at least dual core, unlocked bootloader, and Ice Cream Sandwich AOSP. So far the GNex is the only one that has all that, but ICS AOSP will make its way to other devices via CM9 and others, so the ROM isn't the only driving factor.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    I made the switch to the razr maxx. Cause I have had over 5 thunderbolts they let me do an early upgrade. Decided to give Motorola another chance and see how it goes this time around. I like what Motorola has done with their lapdock. As soon as they are back in stock I'm grabbing one.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I just got the razer today. I got the thunderbolt the very first day it came out and have been through two if them and ill say that the razer is so much better and faster. I was thinking about getting the nexus but i'm very proud and happy of my choice. Not to mention its fast as hell and thin as hell!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links