DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quit complaining about battery!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt

Quit complaining about battery!

In almost every single thread on here someone brings up or eventually says they have terrible battery life or they are unhappy.

Go buy an extended battery. Yes they are 50 dollars and we should have gotten them to begin with for free but I'd rather spend 50 then pay retail for a new phone which would be your other option.

Truthfully this is a good phone with the extended battery, I can't really complain about anything major that would make me get rid of this phone.

sent from the bolt

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Unfortunately the price we pay for carrying around basically a small computer in our pockets is bad battery life. I'm sure battery technology will improve greatly soon enough. If you want good battery life then go back to a flip phone lol. I'm perfectly fine sacrificing battery life for all the awesome stuff I can do with my smartphone now compared to my old flip phone from back in the day that could go almost a week without needing a charge.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Actually before the gingerbread ota battery life was horrific even for HTC devices, who are known to have poor battery life. The evo had the same issue and then when they updated it to gingerbread they saw a huge improvement. So I am not surprised about tbolt improvement in battery life with gingerbread. But the extended battery is a big helper with providing more battery life.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    Actually before the gingerbread ota battery life was horrific even for HTC devices, who are known to have poor battery life. The evo had the same issue and then when they updated it to gingerbread they saw a huge improvement. So I am not surprised about tbolt improvement in battery life with gingerbread. But the extended battery is a big helper with providing more battery life.
    I wasn't smashing gb its just all the time people complain about the battery and how they hate it. My battery use to not make it through the day but with the extended my phone easily goes all day and I still usually have 50 percent or more. I'm just trying to show how much better this phone is with the bigger battery and that if u hate your battery life you should buy the extended battery

sent from the bolt
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    GB has been a great improvement for battery life

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    SIII
    I bought an oem battery on amazon for less than 10 bucks and a wall charger for batteries for another 5. Well worth it.

Sent from my Galaxy tab 10.1!
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    How is it with GPS since the gingerbread came out. I'm not into this rooting stuff my phone is hacked right now but don't really care much for it
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by alboboy10 View Post
    How is it with GPS since the gingerbread came out. I'm not into this rooting stuff my phone is hacked right now but don't really care much for it
    My GPS works very well.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by tbolt1125 View Post
    In almost every single thread on here someone brings up or eventually says they have terrible battery life or they are unhappy.

Go buy an extended battery. Yes they are 50 dollars and we should have gotten them to begin with for free but I'd rather spend 50 then pay retail for a new phone which would be your other option.

Truthfully this is a good phone with the extended battery, I can't really complain about anything major that would make me get rid of this phone.

sent from the bolt

Let's say you buy a brand-new car that's advertised to get 20mpg highway; however, when you get it home, you're getting less that half that, with no obvious cause that you can discern. Let's say you take it back to the dealer, being that it's under warranty, and he offers to sell you an external fuel tank that mounts to the roof of your car. For a variety of reasons, you would probably be dissatisfied with that solution.

Shorter-than-advertised battery life is OK with lots of people. And a $50 extended battery that makes the phone look like it has a goiter is OK with others. But some people, myself included, seem to believe that the phone should work as advertised, and that we should be able to get through a workday without having to recharge. That is not an unreasonable position.
    "You and your mom are hillbillies! This is a house of learned doctors!"
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by kevins686 View Post
    Let's say you buy a brand-new car that's advertised to get 20mpg highway; however, when you get it home, you're getting less that half that, with no obvious cause that you can discern. Let's say you take it back to the dealer, being that it's under warranty, and he offers to sell you an external fuel tank that mounts to the roof of your car. For a variety of reasons, you would probably be dissatisfied with that solution.

Shorter-than-advertised battery life is OK with lots of people. And a $50 extended battery that makes the phone look like it has a goiter is OK with others. But some people, myself included, seem to believe that the phone should work as advertised, and that we should be able to get through a workday without having to recharge. That is not an unreasonable position.
    They never said how much battery life you would get out of this phone, what I heard was improved battery life and larger battery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links