DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Rooting TB Tonight

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC THUNDERBOLT

Question Rooting TB Tonight

I am rooting the Tb tonight. I have the latest ADB-sdk files, and I also have the BAMF Sence3 Rc4 fies.

I have been searching teh forums for the other files needed to root, but it seems that every thread I look at links to differenr files.

I just want a link to the latest and greatest files I need to root. I need the downgrade PG05IMG.zip for the first step of the root.

I also need a link to the latest files"

1) The nestest MR.

2) The latest MR & Rom in case if I dont want to put BAMF on teh phone right now. I.E. I want to have the same android system and radio that I have now (I downloaded and installed the 07/08 OTA).

Basically I just want to have the firmwares and all I have now after installing the OTA this past weekend, but the phone being rooted. Once I get through that, I will install BAMF listed above, so I guess I will also need teh file containing the newest radio ONLY?

I am following this guide, but the files listed are from April 2011.

Updated (4/21/2011): [Exclusive] How To Root The HTC ThunderBolt And Unlock Its Bootloader

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by agt7575; 07-13-2011 at 02:00 PM.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    This is the guide I used:
    [RS Guide] How to Root Your Thunderbolt

The only thing about it is, you end up flashing MR1 radio. But you can easily flash MR2 after you flash BAMF Sense 3.0 (That's what I'm running, great ROM btw)
    Shoot for the moon, if you miss you're still amongst those stars.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by agt7575 View Post
    I am rooting the Tb tonight. I have the latest ADB-sdk files, and I also have the BAMF Sence3 Rc4 fies.

I have been searching teh forums for the other files needed to root, but it seems that every thread I look at links to differenr files.

I just want a link to the latest and greatest files I need to root. I need the downgrade PG05IMG.zip for the first step of the root.

1) The nestest MR.

2) The latest MR & Rom in case if I dont want to put BAMF on teh phone right now. I.E. I want to have the same android system and radio that I have now (I downloaded and installed the 07/08 OTA).

Basically I just want to have the firmwares and all I have now after installing the OTA this past weekend, but the phone being rooted. Once I get through that, I will install BAMF listed above, so I guess I will also need teh file containing the newest radio ONLY?

Updated (4/21/2011): [Exclusive] How To Root The HTC ThunderBolt And Unlock Its Bootloader

Thanks everyone.
    I would do a little more research about rooting the newest firmware... what you have from April there may no longer apply. I used "auto root", search for that, it does all the downgrading/upgrading for you... but I wasn't on the latest firmware either. Once you're rooted the possiblities are endless, so you can always flash your way back to what you are running now.

just noticed, there is a thread about your exact question...
    Root Thunderbolt AFTER 06/08 OTA update
    Last edited by ziggy484; 07-13-2011 at 02:31 PM.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy484 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by agt7575 View Post

1) The nestest MR.

Thanks everyone.
    I would do a little more research about rooting the newest firmware... what you have from April there may no longer apply. I used "auto root", search for that, it does all the downgrading/upgrading for you... but I wasn't on the latest firmware either. Once you're rooted the possiblities are endless, so you can always flash your way back to what you are running now.

just noticed, there is a thread about your exact question...
    Root Thunderbolt AFTER 06/08 OTA update
    I'm sure OP is well aware of that other thread.

Links