DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OEM or After Market Battery

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus

OEM or After Market Battery

As many of you ......I hate the life of the battery on this phone ! Being said any suggestions if I was to purchase an OEM Extended battery and cover which is about 50 to 60 bucks versus a after market Extended battery which is possibly half the cost. What are the pro's and con's of doing so? Any recommendations as to what after market battery brands would be suggested. Thanks for all the help guys !

Jared
    Last edited by jared845; 07-13-2011 at 09:00 AM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by jared845 View Post
    As many of you I hate the life of the battery on this phone ! Being said any suggestions if I was to purchase an OEM which is about 50 to 60 bucks versus a after market which is possibly half the cost. What are the pro's and con's of doing so? Any recommendations as to what after market battery brands would be suggested. Thanks for all the help guys !

Jared
    I got the 2750 from Verizon and its awesome. The price is a bit steep up front ($49.99) but since I got it, I have not once even needed to worry if my device would make it through a day, even in 4G areas.

Definitely recommend getting the official one through Verizon. The others can be a bit buggy and sketchy.
    Carolina Hurricanes - 2006 Stanley Cup Champions

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
    As many of you I hate the life of the battery on this phone ! Being said any suggestions if I was to purchase an OEM which is about 50 to 60 bucks versus a after market which is possibly half the cost. What are the pro's and con's of doing so? Any recommendations as to what after market battery brands would be suggested. Thanks for all the help guys !

Jared
    I got the 2750 from Verizon and its awesome. The price is a bit steep up front ($49.99) but since I got it, I have not once even needed to worry if my device would make it through a day, even in 4G areas.

Definitely recommend getting the official one through Verizon. The others can be a bit buggy and sketchy.
    what is the 2750>??? is their a brand name or is it htc>?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardface View Post

Jared

what is the 2750>??? is their a brand name or is it htc>?
    I know what the 2750 is now lol....its the mah
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    As many of you ......I hate the life of the battery on this phone ! Being said any suggestions if I was to purchase an OEM Extended battery and cover which is about 50 to 60 bucks versus a after market Extended battery which is possibly half the cost. What are the pro's and con's of doing so? Any recommendations as to what after market battery brands would be suggested. Thanks for all the help guys !

Jared
    Any other ideas / input

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    droid
    Switching stock batteries sucks cause the phone won't stay on when plugged in when you remove the battery. My only complaint.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    About 2 weeks ago I bought the HTC extended battery w/cover and the Seido case as a combo. I have been very happy. I am getting 40 hours on a charge. I am not a heavy user but I do a lot of email with it, Pandora/Subsonic/Music/Amazon MP3 player with it over 4G an hour or two a day and have been extremely happy.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    GS 4
    got the 2750 with the phone brand new...its never even had the stock in it. goes all day and has been great. it is the HTC branded battery and I think I got it delivered for about $30. I do have the 25% corp discount though.
  9. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Isn't the extended battery cover a PITA in terms of bulky look and no hard shell cover for the phone??...
    I am currently using two batteries per day, although today I really only needed the OEM stock batt, but feels nice to have that generic brand stock battery as a backup as well...

One other thing...anyone got a tip on how I can open my battery cover without snapping the damn thing in half!?!?...lmao...my only two complaint thus far for my TBolt...battery life and that damn cover!!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    hothfox
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
    I use a penny in the little slot on the top of the phone to pop the case open enough to get my fingernails in and get it the rest of the way off.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links