DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is my display bad?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt 4GLTE
    I'll say this much... lately, my phone has been losing it's data connection like MAD and it didn't used to do that. I does randomly reboot, and did so prior to the sweating. But now it's been losing it's data connection, something it hasn't done hardly at all since the update. I think that since it constantly reboots and loses it's data connection, I'm going to just call VZW and tell them about this (and not the sweat), and have them send me a refurb. The refurb may do the same thing, but at least I'll it wasn't my phone.

I really do like this phone, don't get me wrong. I'm happy with it. HOWEVER, I wish now I would have gotten an iPhone 4. Other buying a used one from someone and activating it, then selling my Tbolt... There really isn't much I can do about it right?

I've had an iPod Touch for a long time, and it rules. It's easier to type on, the games are better, the app's are as good if not better, and the display is better. Plus, I already own a TON of great app's for iOS. The only reason I didn't get one is because I had plans to buy an iPad 2, but now I don't think I can afford it. And no matter how cool I am with those people at the VZW store, they can't just allow me to swap my Tbolt for an iPhone. They have to answer for that.

They did tell me that if I turned in an insurance claim and paid my $99, that I MIGHT be able to sell that idea to the insurance dept since they really don't have any vested interest in what type of phone I have or want. As long as it's comperable in price, they just might do it... providing I "sell them on why I need the iPhone over the Tbolt". I'm not sure I can come up with a good enough reason?
    J
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by rockula View Post
    I'll say this much... lately, my phone has been losing it's data connection like MAD and it didn't used to do that. I does randomly reboot, and did so prior to the sweating. But now it's been losing it's data connection, something it hasn't done hardly at all since the update. I think that since it constantly reboots and loses it's data connection, I'm going to just call VZW and tell them about this (and not the sweat), and have them send me a refurb. The refurb may do the same thing, but at least I'll it wasn't my phone.

I really do like this phone, don't get me wrong. I'm happy with it. HOWEVER, I wish now I would have gotten an iPhone 4. Other buying a used one from someone and activating it, then selling my Tbolt... There really isn't much I can do about it right?

I've had an iPod Touch for a long time, and it rules. It's easier to type on, the games are better, the app's are as good if not better, and the display is better. Plus, I already own a TON of great app's for iOS. The only reason I didn't get one is because I had plans to buy an iPad 2, but now I don't think I can afford it. And no matter how cool I am with those people at the VZW store, they can't just allow me to swap my Tbolt for an iPhone. They have to answer for that.

They did tell me that if I turned in an insurance claim and paid my $99, that I MIGHT be able to sell that idea to the insurance dept since they really don't have any vested interest in what type of phone I have or want. As long as it's comperable in price, they just might do it... providing I "sell them on why I need the iPhone over the Tbolt". I'm not sure I can come up with a good enough reason?
    J
    Yup that's correct u can request a different model but I would stick with HTC I have talked to several people who said the Verizon iPhone is not that great and downgrading in screen size will be a huge change I would get another bolt and wait and see what's going on with the next iphone..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links