DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: IF you had a new TB

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Thunderbolt w/ Ext Batt

Question IF you had a new TB

So I would like to know from all you who have had the TB if there is anything you would of done if it was new again??

I am getting mine tomorrow, I have every intention of rooting the TB when I get it. I will be using my macbook pro OSX. That said, is it better to root straight away or should I wait?? Is the process different because it is a new phone? Do I need to back up a new phone before rooting? To be honest, my reasons for rooting are for free mobile hotspot (but I read VZ is free anyways), but more importantly better battery management.

I have searched and have found numerous threads on rooting off a macbook. I cannot get to the frytech site, it only brings me to the Youtube vid and everything but the video is grayed out for some reason. I did see in his video, a link to another youtube video that has the links I apparently need.

How long does the root process take? I hacked my palm pre with no issues so I am pretty confident I can root a TB.

Off topic, is there going to be a inductive charging cover offered, I would like to still use my Touchstone for my pre if possible, it takes the same micro USB....

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice.

3. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1686 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Verizon’s Wireless Charging Pad Retails for $69.99, Shows Up in Stores - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I use an extended battery, setcpu and set screen off profiles to 500-600.

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    J313R
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    the mobile hotspot is free untill sumtime next month then there is a charge for it, im not sure how much tho...as far as rooting goes it wasnt a long process and i rooted mine as soon as root was ready, i have windows7 not mac so not sure if its a different process or not...
    "Three words can sum up what i"ve learned about life, IT GOES ON!" "Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something."
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I rooted mine a couple days after getting it. I wanted to do my research on how to root before I jumped in. I did the long step by step method instead of doing the 3 step process so it took me a little over an hour. (Plus it was my first time ever rooting a phone so I took causion to every step).I wouldn't do anything different.
    Thunderbolt
    Rooted-Bamf REMIX
    Android 4 life!

Links