DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the Thunderbolt so successful.

1. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1690 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member

Why is the Thunderbolt so successful.

In a report by DL Tbolt has been outselling the vzw iphone 4 since its release. So I want to know what is the big reason for going tbolt. Is it the 4.3 inch screen (which we will also see on the droid charge, lg revolution, dx 2, and the droid bionic/targa). Is it LTE (which will be available for Droid Charge, Lg Revolution, and Droid Bionic/Targa), maybe we prefer sense ui over moto blur and touchwiz. Or the big underlying current that vzw and htc do not want to admit. Ever since the Youtube video on the atrix where the moto rep said to root users to buy elsewhere there have been a large amount of hype over the tbolt. People finally got in the tbolt what they expected from the dx and d2. An improved ui with speed and features for users who did not want to mod, but the ability to do so if you so choose. Finally we have a device that is gorgeous to look at, feels solid in the hands, provide an enjoyable experience with video playback. Its the device that is a year late but finally here. And during a period where it seems like oems are still feeling around vzw's lte network. Users have a community of hackers that combine our favorite devs from our beloved d1 community with new devs we have not heard of. Some one said that the d1 brought in a large community of hackers and as the d1 users retire their droid so will go that community. Well it seems like many have retired their droid for a thunderbolt and I am anxious to see where the community takes this device.

Second Report: HTC Thunderbolt Outselling Verizon iPhone 4

On 04.21.11, In News, Rumors, by Kellex

Last edited by pc747; 04-21-2011 at 11:02 AM.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    I can't speak for others but this is pretty much spot on for me. The Thunderbolt was the right phone with the right features at the right time.

I upgraded from my Droid 1 to the Thunderbolt because I enjoy the ability to root. Motorola no longer offers that. Second, Sense UI is very nice and far better than my experiences with Motoblur. Third, it was the best phone available at Verizon when I wanted to upgrade. And although I had planned on waiting to see what else may come out, Verizon pushed me by ending 1 year contracts and rumoring that tiered plans will be here soon. Rather than wait I got a a great phone on a 1 year contract and love it.

Josh

sent via Thunderbolt by the hand of Zeus.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Overall, I think the average person enjoys the simplicity of sense in addition to the smooth responsiveness that comes stock without the need for tuning. Considering the rave reviews the incredible continued to get until a few months ago (they only stopped because of the phones age), its not too surprising that the next htc android device post incredible would be selling well.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    They are successful for 4 reasons.

1. Its just a really good phone. Very well made, and it doesn't feel like it will break in half if you sit on it or drop it.

2. Sense is a good UI. Its smooth, straight forward, and clean. Drastic change from Blur or iOS.

3. LTE. Being the first with Verizon 4G made it the leader without a single device sold.

4. Unlocked bootloader. Not that important to the general public, but it will sell itself (exclusively, at this point) to the Mod community.

Add all those things together, and its no surprise it is the biggest seller on the market right now.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    Hey I own a Tbolt.
    :P
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by dafischman View Post
    I can't speak for others but this is pretty much spot on for me. The Thunderbolt was the right phone with the right features at the right time.

I upgraded from my Droid 1 to the Thunderbolt because I enjoy the ability to root. Motorola no longer offers that. Second, Sense UI is very nice and far better than my experiences with Motoblur. Third, it was the best phone available at Verizon when I wanted to upgrade. And although I had planned on waiting to see what else may come out, Verizon pushed me by ending 1 year contracts and rumoring that tiered plans will be here soon. Rather than wait I got a a great phone on a 1 year contract and love it.

Josh

sent via Thunderbolt by the hand of Zeus.
    I did the same exact thing. I love this phone and can certainly see why its outselling the vzw iphone. Its so smooth and fast, plus with the update, the battery life is great.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Good to hear! I think this may be the phone I upgrade to in August. It sounds like a good successor to the D1.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid - -> HTC TBOLT
    I think that this phone is the perfect upgrade for those who enjoyed modifying the D1.

My sig was too large.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Honestly, if it wasn't for the battery issues - which I believe are overblown... not non-existent, but overblown - I'd say it's just about the perfect phone.

It gets all the basics right for the average end user - ergonomic, nice screen, smooth ui, great call quality, etc. - and it also has the dev community behind it b/c the bootloader wasn't encrypted.

Ironically, it's not technically a "Droid".
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by shneeko6 View Post

I did the same exact thing. I love this phone and can certainly see why its outselling the vzw iphone. Its so smooth and fast, plus with the update, the battery life is great.

What update? My battery life has been great since I got it, but that was the end of March. Was the update before then?

BTW, I LOVE the phone. It's fast, a big screen and the 4g is awesome when I have a use for it (I normally stay on 3g).
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links