DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunderbolt vs fascinate

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Thunderbolt vs fascinate

I am considering upgrading to the thunderbolt from my fascinate for a few reasons...1. Thelack of support for new android oses as they surface and 2. The terrible reception I get with the radio and the gps. What can u all tell me as far as these issues go with the thunderbolt if u already own one? I know htc supports their products pretty well. Im not too concerned about battery life as I have chargers everywhere, but a little curious about that too. So guys what input do u have for me?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @init2winitapps
    Phone
    Moto Droid/HTC Evo 3D
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    I don't have a thunderbolt (yet) but want to know the same as you as the tb will most likely be my next phone but i want to wait to hear about the bionic once that releases first
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    J313R
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I came from a fascinate myself and would never look back..i luv my TB i personally havent had any problems and battery life is good wit the kernel im using..IMO HTC makes the best phones ive had a G1, D1 which was a beast in its time and is still the most customizable phone but the LAST MOTO ill ever use , the fascinate, .and also Droid inc i always end up back wit HTC

Sent from the phone that makes all other phones bow down
    "Three words can sum up what i"ve learned about life, IT GOES ON!" "Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something."
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Ive had htc phones in the past and they were windows mobile...i hated them...but I have a feeling my problems were all windows related and that android on these phones would b much better.

5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    1X Thunderbolt LMFAO!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by n660623x View Post
    I am considering upgrading to the thunderbolt from my fascinate for a few reasons...1. Thelack of support for new android oses as they surface and 2. The terrible reception I get with the radio and the gps. What can u all tell me as far as these issues go with the thunderbolt if u already own one? I know htc supports their products pretty well. Im not too concerned about battery life as I have chargers everywhere, but a little curious about that too. So guys what input do u have for me?

I also came from an Fascinate, and would not look back. The Thunderbolt is freaken awesome. Not to mention the speeds you get from 4G, but the 4.3 screen is a big difference to me and without a doubt having 2.2 instead of 2.1 is a big deal maker for me. I did root my Fascinate, but never was completely happy with it. The only thing I really like about being rooted was the free wireless tether. but other than that. I made the change to the Thunderbolt and never once thought I made a wrong dicision. hope this helps.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A lot of people complain about battery life...but I only get 6 to 7 hrs out of my fascinate now...so I think battery life cant be too bad...and I live in a 4g area so I should notice a big difference in speed right?

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic

Smile HTC ThunderBolt

I purchased my ThunderBolt on 3/25/11 and I love it, despite I have yet to hook onto the 4G network. We just do not have it in my home area, yet. It's coming to Hagerstown, MD, 8 miles to my South, later this year.

Background: I got my TB when I signed on with Verizon, coming from being with T-Mobile for about 7 years; last phone - HTC HD2 USA. Although a Windows Mobile 6.5, it was just excellent.

Android 2.2.1 is on TB and it is my first time using any Android OS. Very user friendly and easy to add apps. Battery life is OK; I figure it will parallel the HD2; HD2 had rather poor battery life until 2 months of use AND TMO/HTC system upgrade. At that time, it added about 4 hours battery life, from 4-6 hours combo of standby and usage up to 6-10 hours of same usage. IMO, I expect the same of the TB when Android 2.3 is released for the TB.

My opinion on "to buy or not to buy" is this:
    1. Research phone
    2. compare to your current
    3. if YOU think it's worth getting, do it; but whatever you choose, make sure you have few to zero regrets. I chose TB and have zero regrets.
    Your money, your choice.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    1X Thunderbolt LMFAO!!!!
    Battery life of the Thunderbolt to fascinate is not a huge diff. I notice very similar battery life in the thunderbolt vs. The fascinate and I have a lot more widgets set up on my thunderbolt. The really biggest diff I have experience was the size n weight. But I'm over that now. If u have not experience 4g yet wow. Its like being on my home computer. I get roughly 10mbps down n about 3 up. Its pretty sweet.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Im not terribly concerned w size...bdcause if I want a bigger screen that def means siz e is going to be bigger, but when u say weight...how much difference in weight? I dont find the fascinate particularly weighty, but is the thunderbolt like a brick in your pocket or what?

10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic

Cool size/weight

Quote Originally Posted by n660623x View Post
    Im not terribly concerned w size...bdcause if I want a bigger screen that def means siz e is going to be bigger, but when u say weight...how much difference in weight? I dont find the fascinate particularly weighty, but is the thunderbolt like a brick in your pocket or what?

I didn't have a Fascinate to compare size/weight, but it is a great combo of size vs weight IMO. I was with T-Mobile recently until I switched; HD2 was needing replaced; one option was Samsung Galaxy S 4G, I thought it was too lightweight for me.
    Your money, your choice.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links