DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Sending Video

  1. Junior Droid
    bclinsure's Avatar
    Member #
    183752
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Sending Video

    Last weekend I took a couple of very short videos (one was 8 seconds and the other was 20 seconds) on my TB. I went to attach them to an email and got a message that the file is too big. Same thing with a text.

    How big could these files be that I can't email them and does anyone have a work around so that I can send them from the phone?

    Thank you.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    Blackcharger06's Avatar
    Member #
    91286
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    142
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    #2

    files

    Quote Originally Posted by bclinsure View Post
    Last weekend I took a couple of very short videos (one was 8 seconds and the other was 20 seconds) on my TB. I went to attach them to an email and got a message that the file is too big. Same thing with a text.

    How big could these files be that I can't email them and does anyone have a work around so that I can send them from the phone?

    Thank you.
    It depends where you are sending them and what account you are sending them from. Google mail has a limit of 25mb files. Make sure they are under that. Also the person you are sending them to might not have google. They might have aol or something and the file size might be even smaller.
  4. Junior Droid
    sonnl's Avatar
    Member #
    182236
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #3
    I'm having the same problem, tried sending a 20 second video to my sister who's on an iPhone 4 and it says it was too big

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  5. Senior Droid
    Blackcharger06's Avatar
    Member #
    91286
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    142
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    #4

    :)

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnl View Post
    I'm having the same problem, tried sending a 20 second video to my sister who's on an iPhone 4 and it says it was too big

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    She might have a max file size limit on her end.
  6. Senior Droid
    jimmiem's Avatar
    Member #
    34584
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    109
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #5
    Dropbox them
  7. Master Droid
    hemorrdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    33863
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    737
    Twitter
    Hemorrdroid
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #6
    If it tells you file size too big, it has nothing to do with a limit on the recipient's end. That would just result in a returned message.

    I was able to successfully attach a 49s video clip to an email. It was 18mb in size. I tried a longer clip that was 26mb that gave me the error message. It is hard to imagine that your 8s clip was too large.
    Did you go to the gallery and select "share"? Thats how I was able to do it.

    Sent from the hand of zeus!
    Thunderbolt
    CM7 Pre-Alpha
    Good bye MOTO
  8. Junior Droid
    TuckerMaxx's Avatar
    Member #
    182648
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #7
    Well I'm having the same issue.. and i went into settings for messaging and made sure it was set to the highest.. and well .. still having an issue.. I'm thinking 2.3 better address alot of things.. for so far speed and feel I love.. but the battery and lackof confidence in the TB is a shame.. for NO MATTER what I did with my iPhone.. it did it.. no questions asked.. but still having random issues with my TB.. (
  9. Senior Droid
    1android's Avatar
    Member #
    188986
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    127
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #8
    If I am correct and I'd like to think I am here is what you must do in order to SEND a video.

    Once your video camera is on and open, press your options button and select video mode. You have to select video message. Then you can record and then send. You cannot send in HD quality.

    and this isn't a Thunderbolt issue, this is an android thing.
    Last edited by 1android; 04-13-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    Thunderbolt
    Rooted-Bamf REMIX
    Android 4 life!
  10. Junior Droid
    bclinsure's Avatar
    Member #
    183752
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hemorrdroid View Post
    If it tells you file size too big, it has nothing to do with a limit on the recipient's end. That would just result in a returned message.

    I was able to successfully attach a 49s video clip to an email. It was 18mb in size. I tried a longer clip that was 26mb that gave me the error message. It is hard to imagine that your 8s clip was too large.
    Did you go to the gallery and select "share"? Thats how I was able to do it.

    Sent from the hand of zeus!
    Going to Gallery and selecting the 'share' method finally is what worked for me also.
  11. Master Droid
    hemorrdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    33863
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    737
    Twitter
    Hemorrdroid
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 1android View Post
    If I am correct and I'd like to think I am here is what you must do in order to SEND a video.

    Once your video camera is on and open, press your options button and select video mode. You have to select video message. Then you can record and then send. You cannot send in HD quality.

    and this isn't a Thunderbolt issue, this is an android thing.

    All of the files that i succesfully emailed were recorded in HD. I have done this on other android phones as well.
    Thunderbolt
    CM7 Pre-Alpha
    Good bye MOTO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. sending video
    By jigsawkilr in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 11:14 PM
  2. Sending Video
    By Scott1974 in forum Samsung Fascinate
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 02:43 PM
  3. Sending Video
    By Shadez in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 06:14 PM
  4. Sending video?
    By Shinobi326 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 05:40 PM
  5. sending video help
    By lestejm in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 06:25 PM

Search tags for this page

how to send a video in a text on htc one
,
how to send large video on htc one
,
how to send video from htc one
,

how to send video on htc one

,

how to send videos on htc one

,
how to send videos with htc one
,
htc one sending videos
,
i cant send videos on my htc one
,
sending videos on htc one
,
why cant i send videos on my htc one
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+