DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prior D1 owners - would you buy the TB again?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Prior D1 owners - would you buy the TB again?

I know this is probably beaten to death. I think you can see why though right? I don't want to be stuck with a mediocre phone for two years if that's the case..

So, D1 owners, any remorse in going for the TB instead of holding out?

I don't live in a 4g area but should by the end of the year. What's been acomplished through rooting and overclocking is simply amazing, so I'm inclined to buy it just for that. I also hear that the rooted ROMS available greatly improve battery life....so..why am I on the fence?

I think the only thing really stoping me is the audio issue with video recordings, to me that's important as I have kids and don't always want to carry a flip cam around.
    Last edited by tsitalon1; 04-06-2011 at 08:19 AM.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I did it and don't regret it. The battery life is a little better on 3g than droid once you get the settings worked out, and I am not sacrificing anything. On 4g, battery drains like mad..

Way better UI, smoother, a lot more stable than droid.

This phone is way more comfortable to hold and use than any other phone I have tried, which I think is huge but isn't discussed much.

Worst part to me was the keyboard which I bought an app which is best keyboard I have used.

I would say if you are going to wait a few months, check out other phones because the battery life on 4g. If you want a phone now, step up and you won't regret it.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    If you just shut off mobile data when you don't need it the phone is a champ... battery lasts a LONG time. With mobile data enabled (I am using the HTC toggle widget) you can literally watch the battery drain if you have a battery widget.

I have both the D1 and the Thunderbolt activated because I wanted the 4g mobile hotspot (I am getting almost 18-25Mbps download and 6-9Mbps upload)... so I just added another line. Honestly, you can't really even compare these 2 phones... it's like comparing a blackberry to the droid. The thunderbolt is just fast. I am still getting used to Sense... but I don't hate it. I have CM7b4 on the Droid.

Simple answer... no remorse... this Thunderbolt is a beast.

My Sig was Too Large..
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    if your main goal is to video record.. there is definately an issue going on.. hoping that a system update fixes it.. i dont record that much.. but not exactly excited that the mic issue isnt resolved yet..

ex.. i recorded myself playing guitar using a 100w tube amp.. the phone heard that.. but you can hear the audio fading in and out..

if you record someone talking casually.. you wont hear anything.. happens on mine anyway..
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by manilaboy1vic View Post
    if your main goal is to video record.. there is definately an issue going on.. hoping that a system update fixes it.. i dont record that much.. but not exactly excited that the mic issue isnt resolved yet..

ex.. i recorded myself playing guitar using a 100w tube amp.. the phone heard that.. but you can hear the audio fading in and out..

if you record someone talking casually.. you wont hear anything.. happens on mine anyway..
    I just tested mine and you are right... the sound level is terrible.
    My Sig was Too Large..
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by manilaboy1vic View Post

It is not my MAIN goal but it is a real concern for me. There are times when the only capture device I have available is my phone. I prefer it also capture audio. As a musician you should see the value in that while jamming with some friends
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Wow, is this audio/recording issue a problem with all Thunderbolts? or just a "lucky" few?

This sounds like a major problem to me...something that has now given me second thoughts. Why is it that there are not that many threads about it? Are people just not that concerned about it?
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Loving my TB.. Would but again for sure. Loved my D1. Still have it locked away and secure to be used as a wifi device or temp replacement in furture if needed. I would say though two things. Agree with the audio recording. Buddy of mine hated his TB cause of it, but with fix in the works he is good to go now.. 4G.. it really makes it for me. If I was not in a 4G area I would still like the phone ALOT but having 4G really makes a huge difference for me. You say that you should have 4G by end of the year. If you need a phone now get the TB. If you can wait since you don't have 4G right now I would wait and see whatelse comes out that is 4G and make a decision down the road.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    Does the audio problem follow if you move the recording to your PC?

DougB.
    DougB.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by wctaylor79 View Post
    Loving my TB.. Would but again for sure. Loved my D1. Still have it locked away and secure to be used as a wifi device or temp replacement in furture if needed. I would say though two things. Agree with the audio recording. Buddy of mine hated his TB cause of it, but with fix in the works he is good to go now.. 4G.. it really makes it for me. If I was not in a 4G area I would still like the phone ALOT but having 4G really makes a huge difference for me. You say that you should have 4G by end of the year. If you need a phone now get the TB. If you can wait since you don't have 4G right now I would wait and see whatelse comes out that is 4G and make a decision down the road.
    I honestly want to wait but the threat of 4g tiered pricing is looming over my head I wish I knew how much time I have left...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links