DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Dropped Phone, screen cracked. Verizon BS

  1. Junior Droid
    hdeez's Avatar
    Member #
    168318
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    28
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Dropped Phone, screen cracked. Verizon BS

    Well I dropped my phone earlier with the seido case on and it cracked the glass real good. It landed face down on concrete. Phone still works but had to put tape over the glass. Heres the dilemma...

    Ordered from Amazon Wireless through other family share plan line and had it transfered to my number after getting it in. I ordered the phone with Asurion insurance but apparently the insurance did not transfer with the phone when I had the phone transfered back to my phone number. After a lengthy convo with a verizon rep they said the insurance is on the initial line even though I ordered the insurance on this phone when I placed the amazon order. She called Asurion to see if there was anything that could be done and they said no (of course). So now its probably documented on Asurions end. I did enroll for the insurance now but does that help me with my current issue?

    Can anyone give me some tips of what may be the best plan of action at this point? Im really pissed. I can order the glass and do it myself but if I take the phone apart is that going to screw me in the future if anything else happens and I need to send it in....the stupid void sticker? I have a feeling someone knows what i can do to get them to take care of it.


    Thanks, Sam
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    n0yxl's Avatar
    Member #
    46360
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    232
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    n0yxl
    Phone
    Samsung G'nex (Toro)
    #2
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune. It's going to be an insurance claim(obviously), hopefully the things can get straitened out between you, and the administrator.
    My recreational drug of choice is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Toro)
  4. Droid Ninja
    cpjr's Avatar
    Member #
    17607
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,598
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    #3
    Not anything you can do but repair it yourself. The insurance is based on the # (the line) because people normally keep the same # but may switch phones so it just makes sense, unless your trying to beat the system and use another # to upgrade.
    HTC THUNDERBOLT Rooted / Perfect Storm 1.2 ROM / Overclocked @ 1.80GHZ

    Evolution : Droid 1 - Incredible - Droid X - Thunderbolt
  5. Senior Droid
    CsonkaBear's Avatar
    Member #
    43921
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW OH.
    Posts
    224
    Phone
    HTC Incerdible 2 (Verizon)
    #4
    Sorry to hear that, Sam.

    Like driving a new Corvette with a wiped out passenger side.
    Last edited by CsonkaBear; 04-03-2011 at 06:28 PM.
  6. Junior Droid
    hdeez's Avatar
    Member #
    168318
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    28
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #5
    Yea it definitely blows right now. Im about to order a new digitizer and just do it myself. For everyone that may have done something similar...Make sure you dont order the phone insurance with the phone and other line. Switch the lines and then order the insurance on your phone line because the insurance you ordered for the phone does not automatically transfer too. It amazes me that companies continue to thrive by NOT doing the right thing.
  7. Senior Droid
    CsonkaBear's Avatar
    Member #
    43921
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW OH.
    Posts
    224
    Phone
    HTC Incerdible 2 (Verizon)
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by hdeez View Post
    Yea it definitely blows right now. Im about to order a new digitizer and just do it myself. For everyone that may have done something similar...Make sure you dont order the phone insurance with the phone and other line. Switch the lines and then order the insurance on your phone line because the insurance you ordered for the phone does not automatically transfer too. It amazes me that companies continue to thrive by NOT doing the right thing.
    If you keep your cool and explain it calmly they should understand and help you. Just work your way up the chain. Calmly.

    I have to make those kind of decisions at work and when somebody starts dropping F bombs my immediate answer is NO.
  8. Junior Droid
    hdeez's Avatar
    Member #
    168318
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    28
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7
    Yea I was very calm on the phone with amazon and verizon...Pissing someone off definitely gets you nowhere. I am going to call asurion tomorrow since they were closed and see what can be done. I actually already ordered the digitizer from this site for 43 bucks shipped. Maybe this will help others in the future.

    New Original Touch Screen digitizer for HTC Thunderbolt 4G Incredible HD / 6400

    Im a complete gearhead and have taken my laptop apart twice to replace the screen and cmos battery on motherboard. Im hoping this replacement should be a lot easier. Its just that once I take that void sticker off it may screw me in the future if anything happens with the phone. Im gonna try and be very careful taking it off.
  9. Senior Droid
    CsonkaBear's Avatar
    Member #
    43921
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW OH.
    Posts
    224
    Phone
    HTC Incerdible 2 (Verizon)
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by hdeez View Post
    Yea I was very calm on the phone with amazon and verizon...Pissing someone off definitely gets you nowhere. I am going to call asurion tomorrow since they were closed and see what can be done. I actually already ordered the digitizer from this site for 43 bucks shipped. Maybe this will help others in the future.

    New Original Touch Screen digitizer for HTC Thunderbolt 4G Incredible HD / 6400

    Im a complete gearhead and have taken my laptop apart twice to replace the screen and cmos battery on motherboard. Im hoping this replacement should be a lot easier. Its just that once I take that void sticker off it may screw me in the future if anything happens with the phone. Im gonna try and be very careful taking it off.
    I feel your pain. Be really careful and you should be fine.

    At least the phone still works.
  10. Senior Droid
    iRenegade's Avatar
    Member #
    180266
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    110
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    ThunderBolt
    #9
    Did you pay with a credit card? Most cards have buyer protection. You may be covered!

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  11. Senior Droid
    CsonkaBear's Avatar
    Member #
    43921
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW OH.
    Posts
    224
    Phone
    HTC Incerdible 2 (Verizon)
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by iRenegade View Post
    Did you pay with a credit card? Most cards have buyer protection. You may be covered!

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    Good thought.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 12:42 PM
  2. Dropped phone - screen dims then brightens on wake
    By sa1 in forum Droid 2 Tech Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 08:46 PM
  3. Cracked screen, 11 day old phone, help!
    By popbot in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 06:57 PM
  4. Dropped my Phone, screen won't turn on :(
    By machineheadg2r in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 12:42 PM
  5. dropped phone once....screen cracks
    By blkvixon in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 06:04 PM

Search tags for this page

cell phone face cracked
,
cracked my phone screen will verizon give me new phone with
,

cracked phone screen verizon

,
cracked verizon phone
,
does verizon cover dropped phone
,

does verizon insurance cover dropped phones

,

my verizon phone screen cracked

,
verizon insurance dropped phone
,
verizon phone broken screen
,

verizon phone screen cracked

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+