DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14 day return policy question

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

14 day return policy question

Hey guys,

Like most, I am contemplating upgrading my OG to the TB.

I know that Verizon has a 14 day return policy, but how does that work exactly.

Here is my more detailed question:

I am currently using my OG with a $30/mo unlimited Data plan. If I upgrade to a TB and switch to the 4g $30/mo data plan and then decide the phone is not for me, would I get my money back on the phone and be switched back to my older 3g plan without any extra cost?

14 day phone return is great but I don't want to be stuck on a 4g plan if my OG won't work with it...

Come to think about it, if the OG does work with the 4g plan, this might be a good way to get grandfathered in....

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    nonexistant2k3
    Phone
    Moto Droid, XOOM, Thunderbolt
    Only thing I know is returning the TB incures a restocking fee. Not sure how much.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    There's always a chance, Doctor, as long as one can think.

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet) ;-)
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD
    As of right now there isn't a difference in the data plans. Its $30 unlimited whether its 3G or 4G. Price difference may come later with possible tiered pricing.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid Firefighter View Post
    As of right now there isn't a difference in the data plans. Its $30 unlimited whether its 3G or 4G. Price difference may come later with possible tiered pricing.

This I understand, but will I be stuck on a 4g plan and an OG that won't work on a 4g plan?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DInc CM7 nightlies
    Quote Originally Posted by tsitalon1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid Firefighter View Post

This I understand, but will I be stuck on a 4g plan and an OG that won't work on a 4g plan?
    I have a Thunderbolt and no 4G coverage. Effectively the same thing. If 3G isn't available the radio shifts to 2G and 1X. There is no such thing as a 4G *only* plan, which is what I think you're implying.
    :{(
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    Only thing I know is returning the TB incures a restocking fee. Not sure how much.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    The restocking fee is $35. So if you do get it and don't like it, make sure you get full use out of those 14 days cause it will cost you $35 (I call it a rental fee!!)
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DInc CM7 nightlies
    Ha, I "rented" a $1,300 laptop from Best Buy for a Video Mixing gig I had... I've done the same with projectors. Perhaps not the MOST moral plan..
    :{(
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by porkbrains View Post
    Ha, I "rented" a $1,300 laptop from Best Buy for a Video Mixing gig I had... I've done the same with projectors. Perhaps not the MOST moral plan..
    I won't get into the whole moral side of things but I will say that if a company is going to allow me to test out the device for 14 days, I certainly will take advantage of that offer. Sure you can go and play with a phone in the store and test its features but what you can't do is determine the real life battery drain based on your usage patterns or how the service is in your home and such. With the TB, the new 4G bugs are quite annoying so the 14 day window is nice.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incerdible 2 (Verizon)
    Hence the Screen Name? Not cool, but I don't have to look at you in the mirror every day.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaRob View Post
    I won't get into the whole moral side of things but I will say that if a company is going to allow me to test out the device for 14 days, I certainly will take advantage of that offer. Sure you can go and play with a phone in the store and test its features but what you can't do is determine the real life battery drain based on your usage patterns or how the service is in your home and such. With the TB, the new 4G bugs are quite annoying so the 14 day window is nice.
    I have till Friday to return my phone. I will eat the $35 if that is my decision.

I have a love hate relationship with this phone, but if I had to keep if for a year it would serve me fine. Parts of it grow more on me every day. I will start a new thread in a little while and explain.

Enjoy your test drive. Nothing wrong with keeping both sides of an agreement. PM me if you need to.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Just did it.....

So I ordered a Thunderbolt but a friend of mine who got it two days earlier could only get four to five hours out of the battery. After hearing that I wanted to return it, which I did unopened. I sent it back to Verizon the same day I received it and they said since it was unopened I would not have to pay the restocking fee. Here is the kicker though! I have to pay a prorated access fee for a phone I never unwrapped let alone activated. That is correct if you are on a $69 dollar plan it starts the day you order the phone even and continues while in transit that includes the taxes also. I'm current trying to get the charge back I've gone through one supervisor (Ken Brinson) and he basically said no dice. So I asked to speak to his boss. I was told that his boss was very busy. So they took down my name and said he would call me back. I'm not holding my breath but I have names and dates so that should only help fuel the fire when I call back. Best of luck to you but they are going to get you one way or another. Funny part is I was set to pay the restocking fee.....when she told me it was waived I was pleasantly surprised. Now it is a matter of principle.

As a side note when I asked the CS rep what an access fee was she responded "it is a charge for the time you have the phone in your possession". I said great I had it for about an hour so this shouldn't be an issue. She then changed her definition. Cute.....

Anyway my contract is up so if they don't refund it, I'll just head over to ATT and grab the atrix. Kind of sad I've been with VZW for 15 years! Oh well it's VZW's fault for advertising this return policy as "worry free". It is and has been anything but........
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links