DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: list of questions from new user

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

list of questions from new user

just got the thunderbolt and would really appreciate answers to the following long list of questions:

1) where can i get a manual that says what every option is? there are so many icons i dont know what they are unless i press them, and thats frustrating.

2) i switched from a windows mobile 6 phone and the most important program for me was pocket breeze. the agenda view on the thunderbolt is similar but
    2a) it does not integrate tasks.
    2b) and if someone can recommend a way to integrate tasks, id like it to be such that if i dont complete a task, it shows up on the top of the next day's agenda as an overdue task.
    2b) when i try to schedule something, it only gives me that date flip pad, so i have to know what date to use. instead, id like to see a month layout, so i can more easily schedule something for 3 weeks from today without having to do the math in my head.
    any alternatives?

3) speaking of tasks, can someone please tell me how to transfer my windows mobile/outlook tasks to the thunderbolt. i was able to get the contacts and appts via google calendar, but i cant figure out how to do it with all my tasks.

4) when i set an alarm, i want the music to repeat until i shut it off. the stock alarm doesnt allow that?

5) is there a quick way to write a note?! on my old windows mobile phone i could hit New, Note, and draw or write anything quickly. i used to have a whole list of notes, like all my passwords, or recipes.

6) i cant find the original text twist game in "market" - am i searching wrong? or if it is not available there, is there somewhere else i can get it from?

7) how do i transfer a ripped dvd from my pc to the thunderbolt's microsd card (without taking it out)? and do i have to download a special player?

8) what is the best way to backup everything? i got my calendar from google calendar, but how do i assure my phone is regularly backing up new appointments and contacts to google online?

9) why does my today screen's clock and weather station change the "location"? sometimes it says bronx, sometimes New York, and sometimes North Hempstead, and sometimes it says the right town i live in in North Hempstead.

THANKS, I KNOW THIS IS A LOT!

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Larry_ThaGr81
    Phone
    rooted Droid 1 & Thunderbolt

The transition isn't easy, but hopefully this helps

Unfortunately you will have a lot of learning to do, but the android community is huge and the vast majority of us are willing to assist you, all you have to do is ask.

1. a manual doesn't exist for android specific icons, all I can suggest is that you continue experimenting or PM (send a private message) me or other people by clicking on their name and selecting the second option, which is the quickest way.

2. You can use Jorte from the android market for all of #2 issues.

3. Not too sure on that one, but my wife uses this application for the pc, see attachement. Note it only works with outlook 2003 and 2007.

4. You can use Gentle Alarm from the android market

5. Too many apps to name, I use Note Everything.

6. May not be available, check the developers website to see if a android version exist.

7. Don't watch movies on my android, so I can't comment on this one.

8. Keep your synchronization turned on under accounts and sync located under (menu-->setting-->accounts and sync) and that will periodically
    backup all that stuff.

9. That I don't know, but maybe it just depends on where it is receiving broadcast from. Sometimes my says Victorville, the city next to me when I'm at home in Hesperia.
    Attached Files
    Simply Stunning rooted OGD
    Sent from the Bolt powered by Thunder on
    SkyRaider Zeus
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt: das B.A.M.F.
    Unless I am over simplifying your question 7: Just connect your phone to your PC via USB, mount it as a disk drive and copy.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by pitseleh12 View Post
    1) where can i get a manual that says what every option is? there are so many icons i dont know what they are unless i press them, and thats frustrating.

7) how do i transfer a ripped dvd from my pc to the thunderbolt's microsd card (without taking it out)? and do i have to download a special player?
    1. http://member.america.htc.com/downlo...boltnew_UM.pdf

7. with usb cable and stock video player works for most file types, for others you can use rock player.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Wow. That's a lot of help. Gonna try everything & report bk. Thanks all.

3 more?
    1. Is there a quicker way to do things like question mark besides hold down the letter till it pops up? Seems slower than a shift key
    2. My wife said when I txtd her instead of my name she now sees a long bunch of random letters in the "from:" field.
    3. How do I click on a link to this thread from an email and get to this Droid forum application instead of it opening up in internet?
    Thanks again. Super helpful & friendly
    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG
    3. When you get an email notification, open up the Droidforums app and go to favorites, then the topics tab. Any threads you have posted in or subscribed to will be in there. That's what I do.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    to answer #2 from my second list, i called verizon about that long string of numbers showing up when i txt ppl instead of my name or phone number. i was told by a verizon rep that it is my SIM card number showing up, and this is a glitch they have yet to fix yet and they dont know when it will be fixed. thats a big no-no. her only suggestion was to tell my contacts to add that number to my contact info. i have a hard time believing this is what all of u are doing...
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG
    to answer #2 from my second list, i called verizon about that long string of numbers showing up when i txt ppl instead of my name or phone number. i was told by a verizon rep that it is my SIM card number showing up, and this is a glitch they have yet to fix yet and they dont know when it will be fixed. thats a big no-no. her only suggestion was to tell my contacts to add that number to my contact info. i have a hard time believing this is what all of u are doing...
    That is a known issue......maybe this will help

Text messages delivered with odd number
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    No, for the sim card showing up in your name/phone number - pull your battery, wait 30 seconds, and restart. Several people (including myself) had this problem the day we bought the phone. For me a simple restart worked, but for most people a battery pull was required and it worked for them.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    motorola droid x
    Wow. That's a lot of help. Gonna try everything & report bk. Thanks all.

3 more?
    1. Is there a quicker way to do things like question mark besides hold down the letter till it pops up? Seems slower than a shift key
    2. My wife said when I txtd her instead of my name she now sees a long bunch of random letters in the "from:" field.
    3. How do I click on a link to this thread from an email and get to this Droid forum application instead of it opening up in internet?
    Thanks again. Super helpful & friendly
    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
    1. You should be able to hit shift or the "sym" button then whatever symbol youre looking for. the button might also be a "123!?" type thing.
    2. Tell her to double check your name in her contacts. It could of gotten changed by accident.

Youre more them likely to get frustrated coming from a windows phone to an android. You'll get it all soon enough and love it.
    Happy droid-ing. Lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    -DirtyX-
    Rooted Droid X
    Liberty 2.0.1
    Epic Blue and Bold Theme
    Overclocked to show off
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links