list of questions from new user
just got the thunderbolt and would really appreciate answers to the following long list of questions:
1) where can i get a manual that says what every option is? there are so many icons i dont know what they are unless i press them, and thats frustrating.
2) i switched from a windows mobile 6 phone and the most important program for me was pocket breeze. the agenda view on the thunderbolt is similar but
2a) it does not integrate tasks.
2b) and if someone can recommend a way to integrate tasks, id like it to be such that if i dont complete a task, it shows up on the top of the next day's agenda as an overdue task.
2b) when i try to schedule something, it only gives me that date flip pad, so i have to know what date to use. instead, id like to see a month layout, so i can more easily schedule something for 3 weeks from today without having to do the math in my head.
3) speaking of tasks, can someone please tell me how to transfer my windows mobile/outlook tasks to the thunderbolt. i was able to get the contacts and appts via google calendar, but i cant figure out how to do it with all my tasks.
4) when i set an alarm, i want the music to repeat until i shut it off. the stock alarm doesnt allow that?
5) is there a quick way to write a note?! on my old windows mobile phone i could hit New, Note, and draw or write anything quickly. i used to have a whole list of notes, like all my passwords, or recipes.
6) i cant find the original text twist game in "market" - am i searching wrong? or if it is not available there, is there somewhere else i can get it from?
7) how do i transfer a ripped dvd from my pc to the thunderbolt's microsd card (without taking it out)? and do i have to download a special player?
8) what is the best way to backup everything? i got my calendar from google calendar, but how do i assure my phone is regularly backing up new appointments and contacts to google online?
9) why does my today screen's clock and weather station change the "location"? sometimes it says bronx, sometimes New York, and sometimes North Hempstead, and sometimes it says the right town i live in in North Hempstead.
THANKS, I KNOW THIS IS A LOT!
The transition isn't easy, but hopefully this helps
Unfortunately you will have a lot of learning to do, but the android community is huge and the vast majority of us are willing to assist you, all you have to do is ask.
1. a manual doesn't exist for android specific icons, all I can suggest is that you continue experimenting or PM (send a private message) me or other people by clicking on their name and selecting the second option, which is the quickest way.
2. You can use Jorte from the android market for all of #2 issues.
3. Not too sure on that one, but my wife uses this application for the pc, see attachement. Note it only works with outlook 2003 and 2007.
4. You can use Gentle Alarm from the android market
5. Too many apps to name, I use Note Everything.
6. May not be available, check the developers website to see if a android version exist.
7. Don't watch movies on my android, so I can't comment on this one.
8. Keep your synchronization turned on under accounts and sync located under (menu-->setting-->accounts and sync) and that will periodically
backup all that stuff.
9. That I don't know, but maybe it just depends on where it is receiving broadcast from. Sometimes my says Victorville, the city next to me when I'm at home in Hesperia.