DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spare Battery - On Ebay?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarchris123 View Post
    The Verizon Wireless site has both the HTC regular and extended batteries for sale, so does HTC. Seidio is good also. I would not recommend getting the cheap ebay batteries like the others have said, they are bad news. Its definitely worth it to pay for quality when it comes to batteries.
    I don't see the extended or any battery on the verizon wireless site. Do they sell them in stores and does the phone correctly show how much battery is left? I know my droid is a PITA because it won't show how much is left on my seido extended correctly.
    Absolutely Loving my Galaxy S3
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Omnia II
    I was in a Verizon corporate store today and bought the car dock and wanted to get the extended battery, but it is at least twice as thick as the original and you need a new and bulky back cover and it no longer will fit in the car dock. I think I'm just going to get a standard OEM replacement battery.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by envirosciguy View Post
    I was in a Verizon corporate store today and bought the car dock and wanted to get the extended battery, but it is at least twice as thick as the original and you need a new and bulky back cover and it no longer will fit in the car dock. I think I'm just going to get a standard OEM replacement battery.
    that's the way the seido is on the droid 1. A little bigger and I could use it as a kickstand. Unfortunately it just misses the mark. Seido why couldn't you make it bigger to be a kickstand?
    Absolutely Loving my Galaxy S3
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdroidman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarchris123 View Post
    The Verizon Wireless site has both the HTC regular and extended batteries for sale, so does HTC. Seidio is good also. I would not recommend getting the cheap ebay batteries like the others have said, they are bad news. Its definitely worth it to pay for quality when it comes to batteries.
    I don't see the extended or any battery on the verizon wireless site. Do they sell them in stores and does the phone correctly show how much battery is left? I know my droid is a PITA because it won't show how much is left on my seido extended correctly.
    I haven't used my Seidio 1600 extended battery yet, so I don't know if it will get accurate readings or not. I'm still calibrating the stock one with Battery Left.

Go to the search box on Verizon Wireless's homepage and type in "Thunderbolt battery" - both the standard and extended HTC batteries should pop up.
    "These are the Droids you're looking for..."
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    I just ordered an extra standard battery from Verizon for $29.99. It's nice to have my corporate discount. I did buy another battery off of ebay but after seeing all the comments here, I decided I would rather be safe than sorry. Thanks for all the good advice here. My battery life has not been too great today..had to charge it around 3pm (about 8 hours of moderate use). My droid 1 would last well into the night. I am hoping it gets better as time goes by.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by envirosciguy View Post
    But how will you charge the spare? I ordered a charge with 3 replacement batteries from ebay. I may get an OEM battery and use the charger.

3x BATTERY+DOCK Charger For HTC Thunderbolt 4G VERIZON - eBay (item 330541582074 end time Mar-23-11 03:30:44 PDT)
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Say you do get an extra battery, would it harm your phone to take the back cover off 2 times a day to swap battery? Also do you think the USA sellers on eBay are any better than the Chinese ones?? They go for $20 compared to $6 Chinese ones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    Unless you're getting a big extended with an extended battery door cover, don't expect a whole lot more battery life. Using a Seidio 1750 (which is reportedly only a 1500 mah by the way, some guy on androidforums tore the wrapper off and googled the serial number) I don't get that much more power than stock. Using an incredible.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza33 View Post
    Say you do get an extra battery, would it harm your phone to take the back cover off 2 times a day to swap battery? Also do you think the USA sellers on eBay are any better than the Chinese ones?? They go for $20 compared to $6 Chinese ones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
    Considering that the OEM battery in my phone is made in China, why shouldn't I at least see how they do? I mainly wanted the charger, I can get a stock battery. If the cover breaks, I'll get it replaced.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links