DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Spare Battery - On Ebay?

  1. Master Droid
    wvdroidman's Avatar
    Member #
    58549
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    769
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarchris123 View Post
    The Verizon Wireless site has both the HTC regular and extended batteries for sale, so does HTC. Seidio is good also. I would not recommend getting the cheap ebay batteries like the others have said, they are bad news. Its definitely worth it to pay for quality when it comes to batteries.
    I don't see the extended or any battery on the verizon wireless site. Do they sell them in stores and does the phone correctly show how much battery is left? I know my droid is a PITA because it won't show how much is left on my seido extended correctly.
    Absolutely Loving my Galaxy S3
  2. Junior Droid
    envirosciguy's Avatar
    Member #
    171612
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Samsung Omnia II
    #12
    I was in a Verizon corporate store today and bought the car dock and wanted to get the extended battery, but it is at least twice as thick as the original and you need a new and bulky back cover and it no longer will fit in the car dock. I think I'm just going to get a standard OEM replacement battery.
  3. Master Droid
    wvdroidman's Avatar
    Member #
    58549
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    769
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by envirosciguy View Post
    I was in a Verizon corporate store today and bought the car dock and wanted to get the extended battery, but it is at least twice as thick as the original and you need a new and bulky back cover and it no longer will fit in the car dock. I think I'm just going to get a standard OEM replacement battery.
    that's the way the seido is on the droid 1. A little bigger and I could use it as a kickstand. Unfortunately it just misses the mark. Seido why couldn't you make it bigger to be a kickstand?
    Absolutely Loving my Galaxy S3
  4. Master Droid
    guitarchris123's Avatar
    Member #
    156977
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    636
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdroidman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarchris123 View Post
    The Verizon Wireless site has both the HTC regular and extended batteries for sale, so does HTC. Seidio is good also. I would not recommend getting the cheap ebay batteries like the others have said, they are bad news. Its definitely worth it to pay for quality when it comes to batteries.
    I don't see the extended or any battery on the verizon wireless site. Do they sell them in stores and does the phone correctly show how much battery is left? I know my droid is a PITA because it won't show how much is left on my seido extended correctly.
    I haven't used my Seidio 1600 extended battery yet, so I don't know if it will get accurate readings or not. I'm still calibrating the stock one with Battery Left.

    Go to the search box on Verizon Wireless's homepage and type in "Thunderbolt battery" - both the standard and extended HTC batteries should pop up.
    "These are the Droids you're looking for..."
  5. Droid
    craig8868's Avatar
    Member #
    33315
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    86
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    #15
    I just ordered an extra standard battery from Verizon for $29.99. It's nice to have my corporate discount. I did buy another battery off of ebay but after seeing all the comments here, I decided I would rather be safe than sorry. Thanks for all the good advice here. My battery life has not been too great today..had to charge it around 3pm (about 8 hours of moderate use). My droid 1 would last well into the night. I am hoping it gets better as time goes by.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Chewi863's Avatar
    Member #
    51014
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by envirosciguy View Post
    I was in a Verizon corporate store today and bought the car dock and wanted to get the extended battery, but it is at least twice as thick as the original and you need a new and bulky back cover and it no longer will fit in the car dock. I think I'm just going to get a standard OEM replacement battery.
    But how will you charge the spare? I ordered a charge with 3 replacement batteries from ebay. I may get an OEM battery and use the charger.

    3x BATTERY+DOCK Charger For HTC Thunderbolt 4G VERIZON - eBay (item 330541582074 end time Mar-23-11 03:30:44 PDT)
  7. Droid
    Pizza33's Avatar
    Member #
    150612
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    33
    Phone
    BIONIC
    #17
    Say you do get an extra battery, would it harm your phone to take the back cover off 2 times a day to swap battery? Also do you think the USA sellers on eBay are any better than the Chinese ones?? They go for $20 compared to $6 Chinese ones.


    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
  8. Rescue Squad
    titans's Avatar
    Member #
    11378
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,668
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    #18
    Unless you're getting a big extended with an extended battery door cover, don't expect a whole lot more battery life. Using a Seidio 1750 (which is reportedly only a 1500 mah by the way, some guy on androidforums tore the wrapper off and googled the serial number) I don't get that much more power than stock. Using an incredible.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Chewi863's Avatar
    Member #
    51014
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza33 View Post
    Say you do get an extra battery, would it harm your phone to take the back cover off 2 times a day to swap battery? Also do you think the USA sellers on eBay are any better than the Chinese ones?? They go for $20 compared to $6 Chinese ones.


    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
    Considering that the OEM battery in my phone is made in China, why shouldn't I at least see how they do? I mainly wanted the charger, I can get a stock battery. If the cover breaks, I'll get it replaced.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Droid X spare battery charger
    By Mamaperk in forum Droid X Accessories
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 05:43 AM
  2. Spare Battery Charger
    By orlandotommy in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 06:17 AM
  3. just got my spare battery+battery charger!
    By evilsock in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 01:03 PM
  4. do you need a spare battery?
    By Guchi in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 11:43 AM
  5. Spare battery and charger?
    By thatguychuck in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 10:25 AM

Search tags for this page

are the thunderbolt extended batteries sold on ebay any good
,

droid 2 extended battry ebay

,

droid battery ebay 2

,
ebay batteries droidforums
,
ebay htc tb oem batt
,
htc thunderbolt battery best ebay seller
,
is the htc thunderbolt extended battery from china any good?
,
thunderbolt ebay extended battery
,
thunderbolt extended battery
,
thunderbolt spare battery
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+