DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what's all the hype about ?

1. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

what's all the hype about ?

doesn't seem like anything special to me and seems like it will be outdated as soon as the newer 4g phones in the works come out in a month or two. I'm gonna wait and not burn my phone credit yet.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    If thats the case, you should just wait until quadcore phones with 2gb ram come out
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HughJass View Post
    doesn't seem like anything special to me and seems like it will be outdated as soon as the newer 4g phones in the works come out in a month or two. I'm gonna wait and not burn my phone credit yet.
    There are several Thunderbolt comparisons out there, it's whatever works for you. As for newer phones coming out, it happens all the time. If you're always going to hold out for another new phone, as soon as you get it, another one will be announced.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

5. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600 View Post
    There are several Thunderbolt comparisons out there, it's whatever works for you. As for newer phones coming out, it happens all the time. If you're always going to hold out for another new phone, as soon as you get it, another one will be announced.

can't argue with that. I'm just hoping top get a phone that will feel a little more cutting edge than the tbolt seems to be. I'm also hoping that with whatever phone I buy I don't feel the need to upgrade before my next credit becomes available
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Tunderbolt
    Agreed. Sure the Bionic w/ Dual Core will have some added appeal, but I've had my current phone for 3 years and am ready to upgrade now. If I wait for the Bionic, what's to say I shouldn't wait for the HTC Shooter or something quad...and who knows when we're loosing unlimited data offerings. For me, the bottom line is the HTC TB is a damn nice phone that has everything I need (and then some). I can't wait to get it.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Hemorrdroid
    Phone
    Thunderbolt

can't argue with that. I'm just hoping top get a phone that will feel a little more cutting edge than the tbolt seems to be. I'm also hoping that with whatever phone I buy I don't feel the need to upgrade before my next credit becomes available
    Good luck with that, I've yet to have that happen in the last 10 years.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Thunderbolt
    CM7 Pre-Alpha
    Good bye MOTO
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member

Well, then wait. I'm not sure where you saw the Thunderbolt that makes it not cutting edge looking. Due diligence is the best advice I can give you. I had a Droid when it was first introduced in November 2009. It did me very well, and although new phones came out after it, there wasn't many features that really made me want to upgrade at all until the Thunderbolt. Now I'm eligible to upgrade so I'm getting it, and I don't think I'll be stuck with a relic when I'm eligible again in another 20 months.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Outdated how? lol the whole point of this phone is that it is the first 4G phone...for verizon at least
  10. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Well, then wait. I'm not sure where you saw the Thunderbolt that makes it not cutting edge looking. Due diligence is the best advice I can give you. I had a Droid when it was first introduced in November 2009. It did me very well, and although new phones came out after it, there wasn't many features that really made me want to upgrade at all until the Thunderbolt. Now I'm eligible to upgrade so I'm getting it, and I don't think I'll be stuck with a relic when I'm eligible again in another 20 months.
    I know what you mean , I've got an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket right now and am not sure if I can hold out and not go with this thing or not . I'm planning on stopping at the VZW store later today to oogle the tbolt and may end up with an impulse buy even though I'm trying to resist the urge
  11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member

If you had read the 8 kazillion threads you would know that it's special becuz it's 4G has craploads of space has a front facing camera and is completely unlocked.

Regarding saving your upgrade, i hope you love your current phone because there will always be a "better, newer" one right around the corner.
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links