DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what's all the hype about ?

1. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HughJass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600 View Post
    There are several Thunderbolt comparisons out there, it's whatever works for you. As for newer phones coming out, it happens all the time. If you're always going to hold out for another new phone, as soon as you get it, another one will be announced.

can't argue with that. I'm just hoping top get a phone that will feel a little more cutting edge than the tbolt seems to be. I'm also hoping that with whatever phone I buy I don't feel the need to upgrade before my next credit becomes available
    Well, then wait. I'm not sure where you saw the Thunderbolt that makes it not cutting edge looking. Due diligence is the best advice I can give you. I had a Droid when it was first introduced in November 2009. It did me very well, and although new phones came out after it, there wasn't many features that really made me want to upgrade at all until the Thunderbolt. Now I'm eligible to upgrade so I'm getting it, and I don't think I'll be stuck with a relic when I'm eligible again in another 20 months.
    so what is it about the tbolt that makes you feel like upgrading all of a sudden ?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    i bought it on a 1 year contract! the wife has an upgrade available in August so i think i may get the hottest thing then to.

3. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Corinacakes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HughJass View Post
    doesn't seem like anything special to me and seems like it will be outdated as soon as the newer 4g phones in the works come out in a month or two. I'm gonna wait and not burn my phone credit yet.

If you had read the 8 kazillion threads you would know that it's special becuz it's 4G has craploads of space has a front facing camera and is completely unlocked.

Regarding saving your upgrade, i hope you love your current phone because there will always be a "better, newer" one right around the corner.
    to be honest I hate my current phone and don't understand what it means to unlock a phhone ,,,,obviously I'm a smart phone newb
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunder
    if you are gonna wait for the new model because its better, you will always be waiting because there will always be a better one on the horizon. thats what a one year contract is for.
  5. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by rlfitz View Post
    if you are gonna wait for the new model because its better, you will always be waiting because there will always be a better one on the horizon. thats what a one year contract is for.

just looked on the VZW website and the TBOLT would be 149.99 for me on a 2 year plan , didn't find a price for 1 year
  6. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by rlfitz View Post

if you go with a 1 year plan when does the phone credit become available ?
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The whole notion of waiting for the next one...is like waiting for the perfect woman when you have a perfectly good one in front of you. Better things will always come out, fortunately with phones you can change it again a year or two if you feel like it'll be outdated.

I had a D1, I HAVE a DX, just finished ordering my TB.

The reason I ordered it? I played with an inspire 4G and there was no way I could keep playing around with Motorola motorblur, Sense is just beautiful in every SENSE. Smooth. Great. I don't care about dual core, don't care about triple core, won't be using all those cors anyway. Bionic will be the first dual core phone so it's untested technology.

The snapdragon processor is well known for how well it works, they compared it to the iphone's ios and it beat it, this one is a SECOND generation snapdragon so it's improved.

A car that has 250 horsepower won't always be faster than a car that has 200 horsepower. It's all about engineering, and this phone was engineered to near perfection IMO (except that damn battery life)
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Do you have 4G in your area?

I don't, so any newer phone is not going to take advantage of it.

If I tire of my D1, I may upgrade, but it isn't a burning urge for the aforementioned reasons.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by alboboy10 View Post
    The whole notion of waiting for the next one...is like waiting for the perfect woman when you have a perfectly good one in front of you. Better things will always come out, fortunately with phones you can change it again a year or two if you feel like it'll be outdated.

I had a D1, I HAVE a DX, just finished ordering my TB.

The reason I ordered it? I played with an inspire 4G and there was no way I could keep playing around with Motorola motorblur, Sense is just beautiful in every SENSE. Smooth. Great. I don't care about dual core, don't care about triple core, won't be using all those cors anyway. Bionic will be the first dual core phone so it's untested technology.

The snapdragon processor is well known for how well it works, they compared it to the iphone's ios and it beat it, this one is a SECOND generation snapdragon so it's improved.

A car that has 250 horsepower won't always be faster than a car that has 200 horsepower. It's all about engineering, and this phone was engineered to near perfection IMO (except that damn battery life)

+1

Also, comparing phones to women: we have officially over-geeked ourselves on this forum.

What I say to the people who relentlessly tell me I should wait for the bionic is, the bionic may be faster with it's dual cores, that does not mean the TB won't be blazing fast (it will be). I'm a huge fan of Sense, and my friends Incredibles, so the TB is the natural choice for me.
  10. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by RW-1 View Post
    Do you have 4G in your area?

I don't, so any newer phone is not going to take advantage of it.

If I tire of my D1, I may upgrade, but it isn't a burning urge for the aforementioned reasons.

4g isn't in my area yet it's just this burning urge to ditch my crappy phone and burn my NE2 ...the more I talk about it the more I'm feeling I'll take the plunge today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links