DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: General review, complaints, and info

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bwschwartz
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I have noticed an issue with mine where after it has been "asleep" for a while and I turn it back on I cannot access the internet and have sync errors on my mail accounts because of the lack of internet connectivity. It seems to be more noticeable when on wi-fi to the point where I have to turn it off and back on before it works. I have also noticed it on 3G (no 4G here yet) but it seems to start working if I wait a few minutes.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldOfJohnboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaod View Post
    OK, probably dumb question, but how do you check the battery status and what's been using it? Under settings, power I couldn't find any way to check it. My Droid has that right under the battery/power in settings.
    I think the pathway is Settings>About Phone>Battery
    That's it. Thank you very much.

I think the virtual keyboard is far superior to my D2. That was one of the main gripes I had with it. I would have a real hard time entering text, even in landscape. The keyboard seems fine to me.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I want to get this phone really bad but not sure about the battery life. That really concerns me. I'm gonna wait to see if I hear anything else regarding the battery life.

Also can anyone confirm about changing the color of the LED through handcent??
  4. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    i haven't even begun to use mine yet but one gripe I have from when they set it up for me is that backup assistant isn't compatible
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonius View Post
    I put the swype beta on mine and now the keyboard is a-ok!

...the sense keyboard seems wonky as hell though.
    The automatic space and capitalization on my swype beta doesn't seem to be working...Anyone else having any issues?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    TBolt w/Das BAMF Forever Cubed
    Quote Originally Posted by tu3218 View Post
    I want to get this phone really bad but not sure about the battery life. That really concerns me. I'm gonna wait to see if I hear anything else regarding the battery life.

Seriously, just dump the brightness down to 25% or so and you will get at least 6 hours out of the standard battery. If you are really worried, get a 2nd one and/or extended battery.

I believe you can change the color of the LED in handcent, but can't change the blink to a "steady on."
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Seriously, just dump the brightness down to 25% or so and you will get at least 6 hours out of the standard battery. If you are really worried, get a 2nd one and/or extended battery.

I believe you can change the color of the LED in handcent, but can't change the blink to a "steady on."
    6 hours...really?? I didn't know it was that bad. So your telling me without touching my phone at a days of work, by the end it will be close to dead?
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    6 hours...really?? I didn't know it was that bad. So your telling me without touching my phone at a days of work, by the end it will be close to dead?
    Are you not aware that for most smartphones this is the case? Before I rooted my OG Droid I couldn't get through a day...
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Well, this thread convinced me that the tb was overhyped, as I suspected. I always believed the leaks and artificial delays were designed to get more early adoptees. for those of us who can't stay plugged plugged in all day, the battery sounds like a deal breaker. Bloatware is a problem. I don't want to spend money on something that may possibly be improved by rooting. I wanted it to be good out of the box.

If people are already disappointed, it's only going to get worse as they find more annoyances.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    TBolt w/Das BAMF Forever Cubed

I got 8+ hours during a typical work day, I just threw 6 hours out depending on usage as I know others use them a lot heavier than I might.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMcGuire View Post
    Are you not aware that for most smartphones this is the case? Before I rooted my OG Droid I couldn't get through a day...
    My Droid X, which has the same version OS and same size screen lasts the same amount of time the TBolt did on a standard battery. The only thing I did not test with the Demo TBolt was how it did on 4G LTE.

I would recommend that you use Wifi whenever available, that seems to save me tons of battery (2nd only to dimming the screen).
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Links