DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just bought a Thunderbolt for $179 out the door!! :D

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Various

Arrow Just bought a Thunderbolt for $179 out the door!! :D

Sweet deal for those lookin' to avoid tax and the usual VZW markup:

AmazonWireless has the Thunderbolt for $179, no tax for most, free 2 day shipping.

AmazonWireless: HTC ThunderBolt 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I wonder if Amazon will honor the early upgrade - Best Buy won't. I couldn't go that far into the checkout process to find out.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid DNA
    Wow... will be $20 cheaper than with my NE2 at the Verizon store, but I will have to wait until MONDAY for it to arrive...
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I have not forgotten them." Jackson Browne
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
    "Decide what to be and go be it." The Avett Brothers
    "Don't wrestle with a pig. The pig enjoys it and you just get dirty." Unknown
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Just ordered mine too. I was going to go into BB and get it in the AM but saving 80 dollars and no sales tax is a no brainer for me. Oh, and free shipping. Screw you BB! haha
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thunderstruck
    Question,need help or advise.
    I was thinking about ordering on Amazon. On first page it gives option of keeping my plan just the way it is. Great, just what I want. Next you pick service option for data plan. OK pick the 29.95. Then it asks about text package. Since I want to keep my whole plan just the way it is should I ignore this area? That is what I get from the 'Selecting service options' box. I just want to slide this new phone in where the old one was.

I presently have a 9.99 data plan or (web access) cause of my 'feature phone'. Will this drop off or will I have to go into Verizon access and cancel this.

Will my present Navigator also drop off since I am not selecting this for my new phone..

Will my 20% corporate discount still stay intact?

I know, so many questions. Just donn't want to shoot myself in the foot getting the good Amazon deal.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    I called Wirefly on Monday. I lost my DROID 2 weeks ago. Wirefly said I couldn't use one of the upgrades currently available on my family plan to use on my line without paying the $299 penalty.

I called Amazon.com 10 minutes ago, and the Amazon rep insisted that I would not be charged any penalty if I purchased the phone through Amazon.com and INITIALLY activated the phone on the line that is available for upgrade (I could then immediately switch back to the original phone on that line and activate the TB on my line).

The online purchasing system isn't working for me on Amazon.com now - it keep saying I've entered the wrong account information. I called Verizon and they said everything is right on their end and now I'm trying to call Amazon.com back and I get a message saying "our offices are closed due to inclement weather". I just checked weather.com and there is no inclement weather in the entire lower 48 - what the hell?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X - just upgraded :)
    Quote Originally Posted by urklegrue View Post
    I wonder if Amazon will honor the early upgrade - Best Buy won't. I couldn't go that far into the checkout process to find out.
    I was told by the Walmart rep that most companies do not honor the early upgrade because their systems do not allow them to see you are eligible for the early upgrade, only the NE2 upgrade. My guess is amazon wont be able to see you are eligible to upgrade early.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    There is no try, only do or do not -
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ThunderBolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    ... and now I'm trying to call Amazon.com back and I get a message saying "our offices are closed due to inclement weather". I just checked weather.com and there is no inclement weather in the entire lower 48 - what the hell?
    Thunderbolts and lightning, no doubt!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I called Wirefly on Monday. I lost my DROID 2 weeks ago. Wirefly said I couldn't use one of the upgrades currently available on my family plan to use on my line without paying the $299 penalty.

I called Amazon.com 10 minutes ago, and the Amazon rep insisted that I would not be charged any penalty if I purchased the phone through Amazon.com and INITIALLY activated the phone on the line that is available for upgrade (I could then immediately switch back to the original phone on that line and activate the TB on my line).

The online purchasing system isn't working for me on Amazon.com now - it keep saying I've entered the wrong account information. I called Verizon and they said everything is right on their end and now I'm trying to call Amazon.com back and I get a message saying "our offices are closed due to inclement weather". I just checked weather.com and there is no inclement weather in the entire lower 48 - what the hell?
    if you sign on to your my verizon account on verizonwireless.com, you can choose "upgrade phone" and transfer the upgrade to any of the other phones on your plan. that way you dont need to activate it first on one account and then activate it on another.
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by gujupmp88 View Post

if you sign on to your my verizon account on verizonwireless.com, you can choose "upgrade phone" and transfer the upgrade to any of the other phones on your plan. that way you dont need to activate it first on one account and then activate it on another.
    I saw that. Is that permanent though? When I was doing that, it seemed as if that would take effect after your purchased a new phone?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Links