DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Multimedia Desktop and Car Dock for Thunderbolt

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600 View Post
    I went to the local VZW store to purchase the dock and he said they'd have to order it and would get it in 2 business days. He then said that it is not available in any VZW areas yet. Has anyone purchased a dock yet? If so, where did you get it?
    I got my cardock in Allentown PA VZ. A word of warning though. The usb connector that the phone slips into has little nibs that lock it onto the phone. Makes it very difficult to remove without using 2 hands. I ended up using a Dremel and ground them off. Now the phone just slips right in and out without any difficuly at all
    This must be the reason that it seems my TB doesn't sit 100% flat/flush in its dock, and I get power, but no Car Mode. I must need to jam it in there. Or better yet, bust out the Dremel.
    Disclaimer: I work for Verizon, but I do not work wireless. I do, however, design the data circuits that connect all those lovely little cell towers.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillTheCat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    I went to the local VZW store to purchase the dock and he said they'd have to order it and would get it in 2 business days. He then said that it is not available in any VZW areas yet. Has anyone purchased a dock yet? If so, where did you get it?
    I got my cardock in Allentown PA VZ. A word of warning though. The usb connector that the phone slips into has little nibs that lock it onto the phone. Makes it very difficult to remove without using 2 hands. I ended up using a Dremel and ground them off. Now the phone just slips right in and out without any difficuly at all
    This must be the reason that it seems my TB doesn't sit 100% flat/flush in its dock, and I get power, but no Car Mode. I must need to jam it in there. Or better yet, bust out the Dremel.
    I'd like to do that on my dock in the car (the motorcycle I want to keep it), but what's an easy way to bust out the dremel?
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I picked up the car dock last night. I've not installed it yet but it looks like it will work decently. I just hope it stands up over time because it feels slightly cheap. With only a 1 year warranty on it... *shrugs*
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I have the car mount and was playing with it today. I think it has a few glitches in the exchange yet. At first the Nav wouldn't speak then it started speaking but when a call was placed it didn't automaticly go to speaker phone. When I did activate the speaker phone it the sound went through the [hone not the cars speaker. I'll keep playing with it but it worked so nicely on my D1.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    i bought a car dock for my d1 hardly used it but that one didnt charge it. so i looked at the tb car dock felt eh. told the guy at the vzw store who was trying to get me to buy it "nah i dont want to pay $24!" he told me he would sell it to me for $15. so needless to say i walked out with a Tbolt car dock,

6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I like the car dock and the fact that you can plug the charger into the dock, unlike on the OG Droid. I tried to do the surface mount on the dash yesterday and today the car dock went crashing down on me. So, it's back up on the window, which I really don't like. It's too far away for my comfort level (near sighted/bi-focals).

Anyone have an idea of what I could use to seal that sucker better to my dash?
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    I like the car dock and the fact that you can plug the charger into the dock, unlike on the OG Droid. I tried to do the surface mount on the dash yesterday and today the car dock went crashing down on me. So, it's back up on the window, which I really don't like. It's too far away for my comfort level (near sighted/bi-focals).

For my Garmin, I have it dash mounted, and it came with a circular plastic disk that you attach to the dash with a sticky adhesive, then stick the suction cup on that. Did the car dock come with something like that? Otherwise, you should look for a small circular disk to attach to the dash, then the car dock to the disk.
    "These are the Droids you're looking for..."
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Tunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarchris123 View Post

For my Garmin, I have it dash mounted, and it came with a circular plastic disk that you attach to the dash with a sticky adhesive, then stick the suction cup on that. Did the car dock come with something like that? Otherwise, you should look for a small circular disk to attach to the dash, then the car dock to the disk.
    Great idea!