DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thunderbolt Officially coming out March 17th

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt Officially coming out March 17th

The Thunderbolt™ By HTC, The First 4G LTE Smartphone For Verizon Wireless Arrives March 17 ThunderBolt™ by HTC Available Beginning March 17

Customer Inquiries
    For customer inquiries, please call 800-922-0204 or go to
    Contact Us
    Media Contact Info
    Albert Aydin
    Albert.Aydin@VerizonWireless.com
    908-559-7513
    HTC Public Relations
    htcpr@wagged.com
    425-638-7000

03/15/2011

Click to download
    BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless and HTC today announced that the ThunderBolt by HTC, exclusively from Verizon Wireless, is available on March 17 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $249.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
    Powered by Android™ 2.2, the ThunderBolt by HTC is the first smartphone to take advantage of Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network. The ThunderBolt by HTC features the latest version of the HTC Sense™ experience, which offers enhancements including new personalization options, a consolidated e-mail inbox, and unique camera effects and filters. The ThunderBolt by HTC is equipped with support for Google Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™ and Android Market™ with thousands of free apps. Additionally, the ThunderBolt by HTC will feature 4G LTE optimized apps such as EA’s Rock Band, Gameloft’s Let’s Golf! 2, Tunewiki and Bitbop.
    Additional features:

• 4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage area
    • 4.3” WVGA display
    • 8-megapixel rear facing camera and HD (720p) video recording
    • 1.3-megapixel front facing camera with video chatting capabilities
    • Newest generation of the 1GHz Snapdragon processor
    • Mobile Hotspot capability – share 4G connection with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
    • 8 GB of onboard memory and a pre-installed 32 GB microSD card (Actual formatted capacity will be less)
    • Built-in kickstand for easy media viewing

With the ThunderBolt by HTC, customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a 4G LTE data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access and an unlimited 4G LTE data plan start is $29.99 monthly access.
    Mobile Hotspot allows users to connect up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the nation’s fastest wireless network via an application available on the ThunderBolt by HTC. Mobile Hotspot will be included through May 15 for no additional charge. Customers can track their data usage by downloading the My Verizon app available in Android Market or by logging on to their My Verizon accounts online at www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon.
    For additional information on Verizon Wireless 4G LTE visit www.verizonwireless.com/4glte. For more information about the ThunderBolt by HTC please visit www.verizonwireless.com/thunderbolt. For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
    About Verizon Wireless
    Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest and most advanced 4G network and largest and most reliable 3G network, and serves more than 94 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 82,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
    About HTC
    HTC Corporation (HTC) is one of the fastest growing companies in the mobile phone industry. By putting people at the center of everything it does, HTC creates innovative smartphones that better serve the lives and needs of individuals. The company is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under ticker 2498. For more information about HTC, please visit www.htc.com.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I know the Mods said no release threads until it was official, then they would create one--but there still wasn't one that I've seen in this forum. Hope it's okay since it is indeed official through the above press release from Verizon.

Pretty anti-climactic, but I think that's good for us. Less people that aren't real phone geeks will be in line on opening morning hopefully. I know for the Storm release, there were long, long lines and most didn't even know anything about the phone--just that they saw it on tv.

Anyway, a few things to point out from the release:

2-year price is $249.99, not 299.99
    Unlimited 4G for $29.99

Mobile Hotspot will be included through May 15 for no additional charge
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    DROID Razr Maxx HD
    Is the $29.99 unlimited LTE plan on top of the 3G plan or concurrent with it? Anyone?

Sent from my Droid
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Its 30 for 4G, 3G included.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    DROID Razr Maxx HD
    Awesome, so since I have OG Droid & already pay for the $30 unlimited 3G plan, my data plan won't change for 3G/4G? Am I thinking that correctly?

Sent from my Droid
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by 4shlr View Post
    Awesome, so since I have OG Droid & already pay for the $30 unlimited 3G plan, my data plan won't change for 3G/4G? Am I thinking that correctly?

Sent from my Droid
    That is correct.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    All in the sudden today, I started feeling all emotional about my OG Droid. He has been a trooper through all the many ROMS and kernals I have flashed his ass. Though I feel the TB is going to make me not miss it so much. LOL. I plan on keeping the little booger around for a little media streamer around the house on Wifi.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    DROID Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by metzor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4shlr View Post

Sent from my Droid
    That is correct.

Great, thanks!

Sent from my Droid
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bankruptcy Preventer
    The Verizon Wireless corporate store near me has a fully functional activated phone to show to customers who ask to see it. They do not yet have the sales displays out.

I'll post again later after I visit the store if nobody has posted any hands on by then. I've only called them and heard good things about the speed, but due to employees and customers playing with the phone nonstop, they did run the battery into the ground.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jawa6969 View Post
    All in the sudden today, I started feeling all emotional about my OG Droid. He has been a trooper through all the many ROMS and kernals I have flashed his ass. Though I feel the TB is going to make me not miss it so much. LOL. I plan on keeping the little booger around for a little media streamer around the house on Wifi.
    Exactly!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links