DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prepping to move on?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    TBolt w/Das BAMF Forever Cubed
    Quote Originally Posted by razor2006 View Post
    Anyone else preparing yourself to move on past the TB? I have a DINC now, and I love Sense, but I've actually sat here tonight contemplating buying LauncherPro and forcing myself to get used to/like it in anticipation of having to buy a non-HTC Android phone. I've been die hard looking forward to the TB, but anymore, I just don't know...
    I marked part of your post in bold because that is the most important part about your statement. If you love Sense UI on your DInc, then I have zero doubt that you will love the TBolt. I've had the DX since it came out last summer, and though it has served me reletively well, I would probably have purchased the DInc if I had to do it all over again, even with a smaller screen and older/slower HW.

It is apparent to me now that if there are any issues, it has everything to do with 4G LTE and is not a result of any phone issues. I believe VZW said this would be the first LTE phone released and I think it still will be... my guess is that the Bionic, Samsung, etc. will be released AFTER the TBolt, just so that this phone can have an exclusive window. Remember, there are no 4G LTE phones released yet, and when the first phone(s) are released on the new network, one will definitely be the TBolt.
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonjohns View Post
    I was waiting for the TB also preordered from BB.my droid felt old & sluggish.I gave up on feb. 28th I purchased the iPhone & honestly could not be happier.never thought I would even consider anything other than android,but went into Verizon just to fix a problem w/ my wifes phone.I played w/ the enemy & fell under it's spell almost immediately.the smoothness is amazing & the apps......well they speak for themselves ( far more superior ).once I looked past the android vs apple bs I realized the iPhone was perfect for me.I was tired of constantly tweaking my phone for it to work right. Also I was fed up w/ d/l Roms & reading about my rom is better than yours. Now I pick up my phone use it & put it away.just that simple.my battery is measured in days now instead of hours.I don't hear my wife saying get off that phone anymore & my daughter is also happy to not see my Phone unless we are playing a game together.overall I'm happy to own the iPhone, but I'll always be grateful to the droid forum community.I don't hesitate to tell my friends how good android is & will get.so if your still waiting on the TB pick up the iPhone for a few minutes & see if you like it.
    Believe me, I've been close to making the plunge to the dark side, but if I'm ever going to do it, no way I'll do it on an 9 month old device.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    March 17th is the day my freinds
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    I was waiting for the TB also preordered from BB.my droid felt old & sluggish.I gave up on feb. 28th I purchased the iPhone & honestly could not be happier.never thought I would even consider anything other than android,but went into Verizon just to fix a problem w/ my wifes phone.I played w/ the enemy & fell under it's spell almost immediately.the smoothness is amazing & the apps......well they speak for themselves ( far more superior ).once I looked past the android vs apple bs I realized the iPhone was perfect for me.I was tired of constantly tweaking my phone for it to work right. Also I was fed up w/ d/l Roms & reading about my rom is better than yours. Now I pick up my phone use it & put it away.just that simple.my battery is measured in days now instead of hours.I don't hear my wife saying get off that phone anymore & my daughter is also happy to not see my Phone unless we are playing a game together.overall I'm happy to own the iPhone, but I'll always be grateful to the droid forum community.I don't hesitate to tell my friends how good android is & will get.so if your still waiting on the TB pick up the iPhone for a few minutes & see if you like it.
    I fell victim to it as well. Just needed something new to play with. Although if something new comes out within the next week before my lock in date ill probably return it then but I'm startin to kinda have a feel for it.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by DJStormX View Post
    I fell victim to it as well. Just needed something new to play with. Although if something new comes out within the next week before my lock in date ill probably return it then but I'm startin to kinda have a feel for it.
    Ugh, patience really is a virtue. HTC Sense UI on the TBolt is as smooth as any iOS I have used.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy note3
    Quote Originally Posted by jkc3usc View Post
    March 17th is the day my freinds
    I believe that as much as I believe Charlie Sheen is a Warlock with Tiger Blood
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldOfJohnboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJStormX View Post
    Ugh, patience really is a virtue. HTC Sense UI on the TBolt is as smooth as any iOS I have used.
    This is really, really, really great to hear.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    Although there is no hard evidence it's difficult to argue that Apple had no role in the delay of the Thunderbolt. I love my MacBook Pro and my 24" iMac desktop and will upgrade each when needed but I'll have a hard time buying another iPhone. I had the first one but didn't like it and of course hated AT&T. My wife loves her 3GS and of course wants a new one.

If the T-Bolt launches with restrictions a-la Xoom (no 4G), I'll pass and reconsider VZW altogether. I'll be able to escape with no ETF by the end of the year.

They really dropped the ball by bowing down to Apple and forgoing all else for the iPhone. Too many eggs in one basket. They forgot one of the key rules of investing: "diversification".
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by P7M8 View Post
    Although there is no hard evidence it's difficult to argue that Apple had no role in the delay of the Thunderbolt. I love my MacBook Pro and my 24" iMac desktop and will upgrade each when needed but I'll have a hard time buying another iPhone. I had the first one but didn't like it and of course hated AT&T. My wife loves her 3GS and of course wants a new one.

If the T-Bolt launches with restrictions a-la Xoom (no 4G), I'll pass and reconsider VZW altogether. I'll be able to escape with no ETF by the end of the year.

They really dropped the ball by bowing down to Apple and forgoing all else for the iPhone. Too many eggs in one basket. They forgot one of the key rules of investing: "diversification".
    From my perspective, the timing of the crApple product releases are just unfortunate to those wanting the TBolt. My belief is still that there are issues with the LTE network and Verizon is just trying to make those issue right before releasing the TBolt. I believe VZW knows how many people are waiting for the TBolt and the Bionic, and really want to ensure that there isn't a huge backlash if they release an LTE device that is flawed in many ways.

Of course, all the LTE issues occuring around the release of the iPhoney 4 and maxiPad 2 makes it appear as though VZW is focusing on crApple, I just refuse to believe that they would be so narrow-sighted.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    If the Thunderbolt doesn't come out by the end of March I'm going to wait for something else. It seems like there is something wrong worth the phone. I like the phone but I'm not going to wait forever for it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links