DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Android apps will you download/transfer to ThunderBolt?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bankruptcy Preventer
    If you don't have a way to copy microSD cards using your computer, pop out the 32gb that comes with the TB and pop in the microSD card from your current Droid. If you do, copy your data from your current SD card onto your computer, switch to the SD card from the TB, and copy everything there.

Most current apps have been built during the days of 512mb internal memory devices, and they save their data on the SD card or they get rated down and/or uninstalled.

Regarding the OP, I'm going to use everything I use now, the device really doesn't matter. The changes I'm going to feel most are more internal storage and a front facing camera. I'll go looking for a video chat app if Skype fails us. I'll likely reinstall a few nice to have apps that I uninstalled because I ran out of room on my D1.
    Member #
    Phone
    iPhone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by razng2grtboys View Post
    Is it normal to have so many apps?
    a big +1 on the number of loaded apps. Currently have a bbstorm2 and if I load anything other than email and FB, it crashes the crap outta my phone. And I'm not talking about running apps either, just installed on the phone.

If the TB gets here soon, and I can have multiple running apps, I'm not going to know what to do with myself.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    RaptorOO7
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Actually this is a good thread question. For me I have about 160 apps saved at appbrain.com and I will be going through those to make sure I don't want anything to d/l.

On a side note this thread is pointing out some new apps I had not heard of before, so thank you.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Quote Originally Posted by razng2grtboys View Post
    This will be my first smart phone. Is it normal to have so many apps? Can you rank these in the order of most important to you to least important? Where do you get the apps from?
    No, this is just a non-exclusive list to help show people what's good out there, I will not have all of these, especially multiple apps in the same category. I am just trying to figure out what the most crucial and useful apps are, and what the best apps are for each category. No, I will not rank them, it is a matter of personal preference depending on your needs and wants. I will try to trim down the choices and change the order once I get a chance to explore some of them more. And obviously this is not an end-all be-all list, there are some great apps that I left off simply because I personally do not plan on using them, or I would rather use my computer for that purpose (ie. where a keyboard and big screen is helpful).
    Last edited by guitarchris123; 03-07-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    "These are the Droids you're looking for..."
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt, d1
    Canefan,

Just grab titanium backup and backup all your apps and data. From you SD card drag you titanium backup file to your desktop and when you get your new device drag that titanium backup file to you SD card and when you install that app all of you data will appear. I've done this numerous times with absolutely no problems whatsoever. You will have to restore that data manually within the app

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Actually this is a good thread question. For me I have about 160 apps saved at appbrain.com and I will be going through those to make sure I don't want anything to d/l.

On a side note this thread is pointing out some new apps I had not heard of before, so thank you.
    Your welcome! It can be hard to navigate through all the apps out there and know what does what and if its any good or not, and I know a lot of first-time Android users will be getting the Thunderbolt and will be relatively clueless as to what apps to get beyond the obvious ones.

How does AppBrain work/what do you use it for? I've never used or seen it before.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by detox View Post
    Canefan,

Just grab titanium backup and backup all your apps and data. From you SD card drag you titanium backup file to your desktop and when you get your new device drag that titanium backup file to you SD card and when you install that app all of you data will appear. I've done this numerous times with absolutely no problems whatsoever. You will have to restore that data manually within the app

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Thanks, but Titanium won't work unless your device is rooted. MyBackup Pro would be another option but it too requires root to restore apps + data. Might just wait on the Thunderbolt to be rooted before I purchase one. I'm sure it won't take long.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Canefan View Post
    Thanks, but Titanium won't work unless your device is rooted. MyBackup Pro would be another option but it too requires root to restore apps + data. Might just wait on the Thunderbolt to be rooted before I purchase one. I'm sure it won't take long.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Johnboy over in the Demo thread said that he used MyBackup Pro to restore his apps from his other phone, and they didn't all show up at first but did a few days later. You might want to check out that thread to see what he said about it or ask him a question. Also, the pre-production model of the TB was rooted already, so I imagine that it will not take long to get the final model rooted.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Note - I've updated the list, separating apps by category, and I've begun rankings, but it is still incomplete. Any help or input would be much appreciated!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    It would be nice to get some of this bloatware off the phone fairly soon (BitBop, Blockbuster, City ID, Kindle, Peep, etc.).
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links