Question for those with detailed knowledge on the Bestbuy Buy Back program...
- I dropped my current phone, Droid Incredible, severly cracking the screen and damaging some internals. It's functioning, but poorly, and since dropping it the battery is working for a hour max.
- I have no insurance on the phone, and have had no luck finding an affordable replacement on craigslist. I need an Incredible because for whatever reason, only HTC Android phones are certified to be used with our work email policy.
- I am eligible for an upgrade.
- I could hope for a TB release on the 28th, simply waiting out this storm, but I use the phone for work email and even going a couple days without it would mess me up. Besides, I have no confidence the TB is coming on a Monday.
- I'm considering 'upgrading' my broken D-Inc to a brand new D-Inc at Bestbuy, which would refresh my contract, and then hoping like hell the TB comes out within the 30 day exchange window (Bestbuy is 30 days for phones) and exchange it.
- I want to purchase the Buyback program. Obviously when I 'upgrade' to the Incredible, the Buyback program applies to the Incredible, meaning down the road if I used it under 6 months, I'd get 50% retail back from the price of the Incredible. However, what if I exchange the Incredible within the 30 day exchange window for the TB? Does the Buyback program 'switch over' to the TB, meaning if I returned the TB within 6 months, I'd get 50% retail back from it? Or do you have to re-purchase or re-add the Buyback program when you exchange a device? Getting 50% of retail from the TB is significant over the D-Inc...
- The Bestbuy chat people had NO idea...I'd go into a store and ask but I'm at the office now
- Basically, it would suck royally if I got a new D-Inc by upgrading, exchanged it for the TB in the 30 day window, then went back in 5 months to get the next hottest thing (not likely, but hey, that's what it's there for) and Bestbuy tells me they would only give me half the price of my original phone upgrade purchase (DI), and not the Bolt....
- Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.