DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: Tbolt vs. Bionic w/ signed bootloader?

  1. Master Droid
    Skull One's Avatar
    Member #
    45849
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    760
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4S daily. Droid and DX
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by kptphalkon View Post
    Also, expect between 10 and 20 percent speed increase (most *idiots* will relate this to quadrant scores) in processing with these first gen dual cores, instead of a doubling of power.

    Main issue will be android functionality with dual core procs, also the kernels will be brand new, as companies begin entering into this new territory.

    Aside from that current lp ddr2 designs still dont handle enough bandwidth for multiple cores to access the ram as fast as they can process requests.

    Now this has always and forever will be an issue with desktops, laptops, and phones. My main point is that with overhead and two cores fighting for share of a memory channel, expect maybe 1.5x read/write to ram versus the theoretical 2x that the ddr2 can provide over ddr.

    Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G
    You sir a man after my own heart. Thank you for pointing that fact out as well.
    Facts are the very first casuality of bad information.
  2. Droid Ninja
    kptphalkon's Avatar
    Member #
    155133
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,389
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    #22
    I also lastly want to point out, to all the haters going on about the bionics 512 vs 768 MB for the tbolt, that this 1.5x ram speed would effectively drop to 1.28-1.33, but that will really only apply to things like huuuggggeee games or other obnoxiously memory hogging apps (tTorrent, anyone?). Either way it is an improvement.

    I am sticking with my ballpark figure that the bionic will have a roughly 18% improvement in performance, all things considered.

    Now, the question is, are both these devices sdxc compliant? Because if the tbolt isnt my money goes towards bionic as the clear winner.

    Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G
  3. Master Droid
    Sniper_5's Avatar
    Member #
    103027
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Manheim, PA
    Posts
    486
    Twitter
    WiCK3D_SiX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I 535
    #23
    dont mind my novice-ness. SDXC?
    :motodroidvert: Samsung Galaxy S3
    Rooted
    Unlocked
    Synergy ROM
    1.9 Ghz

    Motorola Droid X
    Traded

    Motorola Droid
    RETIRED (old faithful)
  4. Master Droid
    brock's Avatar
    Member #
    13556
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    263
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelv View Post
    Bionic is going to have horrible battery life and a junk camera IMO.
    have you noted the difference in size of batteries between the two phones?
  5. Master Droid
    Skull One's Avatar
    Member #
    45849
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    760
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4S daily. Droid and DX
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by SEMPERFIDELIS View Post
    dont mind my novice-ness. SDXC?
    SDXC is the specification that allows for 64Gig thru 2TB SD cards. Along with baseline speeds of 100MBs and a top end of 300MBs. Basically it would make Hard Drives a thing of the past.
    Facts are the very first casuality of bad information.
  6. Senior Droid
    n0yxl's Avatar
    Member #
    46360
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    232
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    n0yxl
    Phone
    Samsung G'nex (Toro)
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by brock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelv View Post
    Bionic is going to have horrible battery life and a junk camera IMO.
    have you noted the difference in size of batteries between the two phones?
    1930 Mah Bionic

    1400 Mah Thunderbolt IIRC....
    My recreational drug of choice is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Toro)
  7. Senior Droid
    n0yxl's Avatar
    Member #
    46360
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    232
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    n0yxl
    Phone
    Samsung G'nex (Toro)
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by kptphalkon View Post
    I also lastly want to point out, to all the haters going on about the bionics 512 vs 768 MB for the tbolt, that this 1.5x ram speed would effectively drop to 1.28-1.33, but that will really only apply to things like huuuggggeee games or other obnoxiously memory hogging apps (tTorrent, anyone?). Either way it is an improvement.

    I am sticking with my ballpark figure that the bionic will have a roughly 18% improvement in performance, all things considered.

    Now, the question is, are both these devices sdxc compliant? Because if the tbolt isnt my money goes towards bionic as the clear winner.

    Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G
    Both phones are a no go on SDXC specification.

    Max "removable memory" caps of each device is stated to be 32gb.
    My recreational drug of choice is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Toro)
  8. Droid Ninja
    kptphalkon's Avatar
    Member #
    155133
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,389
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by n0yxl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kptphalkon View Post
    I also lastly want to point out, to all the haters going on about the bionics 512 vs 768 MB for the tbolt, that this 1.5x ram speed would effectively drop to 1.28-1.33, but that will really only apply to things like huuuggggeee games or other obnoxiously memory hogging apps (tTorrent, anyone?). Either way it is an improvement.

    I am sticking with my ballpark figure that the bionic will have a roughly 18% improvement in performance, all things considered.

    Now, the question is, are both these devices sdxc compliant? Because if the tbolt isnt my money goes towards bionic as the clear winner.

    Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G
    Both phones are a no go on SDXC specification.

    Max "removable memory" caps of each device is stated to be 32gb.
    Well that certianly forks it, i am for sure waiting until at least next year to get a dual core, 4G, ddr2, hardware keyboard and sdxc device.

    A front facing camera and any other goodie is just a gimmick...do not want.

    Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G
  9. Droid Sensei
    Stelv's Avatar
    Member #
    126298
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2,665
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #29
    Alright I have a question. Since the tb has a good amount of ram wouldn't that make the battery better than phones with lower ram?...because it could multi task easier and use less resources to start processes?

    sent from my rooted nook color
  10. Droid Ninja
    kptphalkon's Avatar
    Member #
    155133
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,389
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    #30
    Battery life/loss from ram is a big question,

    Newer...well every single upgrade of ram, from sdram all the way to the not yet(?) released ddr4, has featured better power management on-chip as well as needing lower voltages. SDRAM was running at 3.3 volts i believe, and DDR brought this down to about 2.5. DDR2 lowered the voltage to 1.9, and ddr3 can go to 1.5 volts or below. Also, the ram in phones is run at an even lower voltage, being specially made for low power platforms.

    Power used is offset by the ram running at higher speeds. You will not see any difference in battery life from the ram, i dont think.

    But this is purely speculation. Ask all you want, but we will not truly know until these phones are released into the wild and compared.

    Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-16-2013, 12:34 AM
  2. K9 and self signed certificates
    By arw01 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 03:52 AM
  3. Just signed up!
    By Marlaena1104 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 09:59 AM
  4. finally signed up
    By vcmstone in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 08:33 AM
  5. Just Signed up from the ROC
    By Papasmurf in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 01:45 PM

Search tags for this page

bionic bootloader

,
bionic bootloader locked
,
bionic locked bootloader
,
droid bionic
,

droid bionic bootloader

,
droid bionic locked
,

droid bionic locked bootloader

,
droid bionic unlocked bootloader
,
htc thunderbolt unlocked bootloader
,
motorola bionic bootloader
,
motorola droid bionic bootloader
,
will the droid bionic have a locked bootloader
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+