DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Buying a phone at Best Buy vs Verizon Store

  1. Junior Droid
    envirosciguy's Avatar
    Member #
    171612
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Samsung Omnia II
    #61
    Quote Originally Posted by goatpeddler View Post
    okay so i'm on a family plan. my brother's line is available for an upgrade, however, mine isn't... will BB do an upgrade transfer like you could at VZW? i know i can do it online thru VZW but the phone i want is free at BB and at VZW it's $100 so its seems silly to spend the money because i was afraid to ask a question. thanks.
    I have the same question: At BB, on a family plan, can you use the available upgrade on the phone of another family member?
  2. Senior Droid
    jawa6969's Avatar
    Member #
    41435
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    240
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #62
    Quote Originally Posted by envirosciguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goatpeddler View Post
    okay so i'm on a family plan. my brother's line is available for an upgrade, however, mine isn't... will BB do an upgrade transfer like you could at VZW? i know i can do it online thru VZW but the phone i want is free at BB and at VZW it's $100 so its seems silly to spend the money because i was afraid to ask a question. thanks.
    I have the same question: At BB, on a family plan, can you use the available upgrade on the phone of another family member?
    Bump.

    I would also like to know this. My wifes line has an upgrade available as I recently used the one on my line to get her a Droid X (which I did at a Verizon store). Can BB use the upgrade on her line for a phone to be used on mine?
  3. Droid
    v4npro's Avatar
    Member #
    127674
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    93
    Phone
    Droid X
    #63
    Hey, me too would like to know.
  4. Junior Droid
    envirosciguy's Avatar
    Member #
    171612
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Samsung Omnia II
    #64
    Quote Originally Posted by v4npro View Post
    Hey, me too would like to know.
    So I just called Best Buy in Oxnard, CA and they said they can do it as long as you're the authorized user of the account. So I may be heading over after work to put in my pre order.
  5. Droid
    v4npro's Avatar
    Member #
    127674
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    93
    Phone
    Droid X
    #65
    So can all this be done in BB:

    Use line 1 upgrade for line 2.
    Then give line 1 my DX(line 1 currently doesn't have data so it would need to be added).

    Would that be ok? Does having a ROM installed the DX have any complications on activating it on a different line?
    Last edited by v4npro; 02-17-2011 at 05:39 PM.
  6. Droid
    JFMFT's Avatar
    Member #
    167993
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eastern Coastal North Carolina
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @JFMFT
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus CDMA/LTE
    #66
    Quote Originally Posted by v4npro View Post
    So BB can deactivate my DX # put it on the TB, and then can I get my DX to be activated on another line which currently doesn't have data but would have to add it to it? If so, would it matter if a ROM's installed on the phone?
    Yes they can activate the TB on your line.

    Yes they can activate the Dx on another line which will require that you add a data package for that line.

    Doesn't matter to them or anyone if you're using a custom ROM. Only if you're warrantying the phone out.

    You're good to go!
  7. Droid
    JFMFT's Avatar
    Member #
    167993
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eastern Coastal North Carolina
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @JFMFT
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus CDMA/LTE
    #67
    Quote Originally Posted by jawa6969 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by envirosciguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goatpeddler View Post
    okay so i'm on a family plan. my brother's line is available for an upgrade, however, mine isn't... will BB do an upgrade transfer like you could at VZW? i know i can do it online thru VZW but the phone i want is free at BB and at VZW it's $100 so its seems silly to spend the money because i was afraid to ask a question. thanks.
    I have the same question: At BB, on a family plan, can you use the available upgrade on the phone of another family member?
    Bump.

    I would also like to know this. My wifes line has an upgrade available as I recently used the one on my line to get her a Droid X (which I did at a Verizon store). Can BB use the upgrade on her line for a phone to be used on mine?
    Yes, they can do this for you.
  8. Droid
    v4npro's Avatar
    Member #
    127674
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    93
    Phone
    Droid X
    #68
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMFT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by v4npro View Post
    So BB can deactivate my DX # put it on the TB, and then can I get my DX to be activated on another line which currently doesn't have data but would have to add it to it? If so, would it matter if a ROM's installed on the phone?
    Yes they can activate the TB on your line.

    Yes they can activate the Dx on another line which will require that you add a data package for that line.

    Doesn't matter to them or anyone if you're using a custom ROM. Only if you're warrantying the phone out.

    You're good to go!

    Thanks! Looking forward using the TB.. hopefully it's next week, my pay day!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Buying a Verizon Droid off Amazon - Problems
    By mpf189 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 01:25 PM
  2. Having Fun @ Verizon Store
    By alonsou in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 07:43 AM
  3. Does buying a droid outside of Verizon matter?
    By arty2hottie in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 04:59 PM
  4. Buying from somewhere other than a VZW store
    By luckmylife in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 08:36 PM
  5. Buying Online vs. at a VZ store
    By Doheny in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 10:21 PM

Search tags for this page

best buy vs verizon store

,
buying a cell phone at best buy vs verizon
,

buying a phone at best buy vs verizon

,

buying a phone from best buy vs verizon

,
buying phone at best buy vs verizon store
,

buying phone from best buy vs. verizon store

,

verizon store vs best buy

,
verizon vs best buy for cell phone
,
what is the difference between buying a phone from best buy
,
whats the difference between buys my iphone at bestbuy verse
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+