DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Will TB have Gorilla Glass?

  1. Droid Newbie
    ke3qz's Avatar
    Member #
    7460
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    Question Will TB have Gorilla Glass?

    I love the durability of my Droid I. Any idea what the TB screen material will be? Will I need to worry about those annoying plastic film screen protectors?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    jimmyco2008's Avatar
    Member #
    108039
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    3G Florida
    Posts
    1,028
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt, Droid A855, VL600
    #2
    Based on the past HTC phones, it will just be glass. Besides, I think we would know if Corning and HTC struck a deal.

    But either way, you don't need a screen protector. No matter what people claim or say, scientifically speaking, diamond is the only thing that can scratch glass.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
  4. Junior Droid
    brodrick's Avatar
    Member #
    142199
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Deer Park, WA
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyco2008 View Post
    But either way, you don't need a screen protector. No matter what people claim or say, scientifically speaking, diamond is the only thing that can scratch glass.
    ...other than rocks, sand, tungsten carbide, porcelain, rubies, emeralds, sapphires and Chuck Norris!
  5. Master Droid
    Raptor007's Avatar
    Member #
    66608
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    477
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    RaptorOO7
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #4
    Definitely Chuck Norris, that is what I would be most afraid of when it comes to my TB.
    Follow me on Twitter @ RaptorOO7
  6. Senior Droid
    moosez3's Avatar
    Member #
    67919
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    144
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by brodrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyco2008 View Post
    But either way, you don't need a screen protector. No matter what people claim or say, scientifically speaking, diamond is the only thing that can scratch glass.
    ...other than rocks, sand, tungsten carbide, porcelain, rubies, emeralds, sapphires and Chuck Norris!
    yeah lol thats what I was thinking, I have been using the D1 w/o a Screen Protector for about a year, and I have one scratch on it...
    Original Gangsta = Retired
    THUNDERBOLT: Rooted Gingeritis VIII
  7. Droid
    bearklaws007's Avatar
    Member #
    16509
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    67
    Phone
    moto droid
    #6
    Not in my world...
  8. Senior Droid
    Explosivpotato's Avatar
    Member #
    61365
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    102
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyco2008 View Post
    Based on the past HTC phones, it will just be glass. Besides, I think we would know if Corning and HTC struck a deal.

    But either way, you don't need a screen protector. No matter what people claim or say, scientifically speaking, diamond is the only thing that can scratch glass.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
    Diamond is not the only thing that can scratch even gorilla glass, let alone regular mineral glass.

    Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App
  9. Senior Droid
    moosez3's Avatar
    Member #
    67919
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    144
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Explosivpotato View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyco2008 View Post
    Based on the past HTC phones, it will just be glass. Besides, I think we would know if Corning and HTC struck a deal.

    But either way, you don't need a screen protector. No matter what people claim or say, scientifically speaking, diamond is the only thing that can scratch glass.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
    Diamond is not the only thing that can scratch even gorilla glass, let alone regular mineral glass.

    Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App
    Yeah cause my Droid's GG has one light scratch and two hairlines and I have no diamonds... heck I dont even keep it in the same pocket as the keys...

    All the tests on youtube are bogus, I bet I could take a ss scalpel and scratch the heck out of it...
    Original Gangsta = Retired
    THUNDERBOLT: Rooted Gingeritis VIII
  10. Senior Droid
    Parafly9's Avatar
    Member #
    24318
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Uxbridge, MA
    Posts
    249
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    ntreuter
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
    #9
    Apparently the incredible uses gorilla glass
    Incredible using Gorilla Glass? HTC says so... - Android Forums

    Actually I read too quickly. futher down in the thread it appears to be rebuked.
    Last edited by Parafly9; 02-04-2011 at 10:27 AM.
  11. DF News Team
    Preach2k's Avatar
    Member #
    83229
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Posts
    1,851
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by brodrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyco2008 View Post
    But either way, you don't need a screen protector. No matter what people claim or say, scientifically speaking, diamond is the only thing that can scratch glass.
    ...other than rocks, sand, tungsten carbide, porcelain, rubies, emeralds, sapphires and Chuck Norris!
    And you forgot the guy who lied and said it exploded in his ear..lol
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Gorilla Glass?
    By krnmc in forum Samsung Fascinate
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 07:19 AM
  2. Gorilla Glass on X
    By xmguy in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-25-2010, 04:48 PM
  3. Gorilla Glass
    By 252chevyboyz in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 12:26 PM
  4. Gorilla glass
    By wildride89 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 07:58 AM
  5. gorilla glass?
    By stockstinks in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 08:37 AM

Search tags for this page

does htc inspire have gorilla glass

,
does htc thunderbolt have gorilla glass
,
does the thunderbolt have gorilla glass
,
does thunderbolt have gorilla glass
,

htc inspire gorilla glass

,
htc inspire screen material
,

htc thunderbolt gorilla glass

,

htc thunderbolt screen material

,
thunderbolt screen glass
,
thunderbolt screen material
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+