DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4G LTE Pricing?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt, Droid A855, VL600

4G LTE Pricing?

Hey all,

I know it's still early, but does anyone know if the price for 4G LTE data going to be as high as the bandwidth?

Best case scenario I can get the Thunderbolt with unlimited data for the classic $29.99/month, but Verizon disappoints sometimes. So yeah anyone have any insight or information on this?

If you're a Verizon employee, perhaps you know? haha

3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    I'm wondering this also. Bc if 4G gonna cost a crazy price or have a $30 with only 2 gigs or just 5 gigs ill get an x and wait 2 yrs til 4g goes down in price or offers unlimited at a decent price.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    Verizon's CES presentation was yesterday and they didn't release any 4g pricing for smartphone data plans sorry. It was very disappointing.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App.

1.)A Dummies Guide To Android Terminoligy & Lingo
    2.)What you need to know about rooting:
    3.)Multiple phones - Root them, unroot them
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Which is why I am still wondering. haha

Yeah if I can't get unlimited, then no deal, I will just have to stay with 3G for life or go to Sprint, maybe T-Mobile if they expand coverage more, that's how important unlimited data is for me, it is a must.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I called customer support asking about an early upgrade and I the rep told me she thought it was best to wait for one of the new 4G phones to come out. I asked her if I could have to change my contract or upgrade to an LTE contract and was told that my 3G unlimited plan would transfer over and I would be able to use the 4G phones and LTE without having to upgrade. Again they have been wrong before so who knows...
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUVetMed View Post
    I called customer support asking about an early upgrade and I the rep told me she thought it was best to wait for one of the new 4G phones to come out. I asked her if I could have to change my contract or upgrade to an LTE contract and was told that my 3G unlimited plan would transfer over and I would be able to use the 4G phones and LTE without having to upgrade. Again they have been wrong before so who knows...
    That would shock me if true.....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUVetMed View Post
    That would shock me if true.....
    Yeah thats what I thought also, I figured I would have to purchase a 4G plan but she assured me that wouldnt be the case. I wont have 4G in my area till 2013 if we ever get it, I just wanted to make sure I could still upgrade to a new phone because the LTE isnt a big deal for me. Customer service is wrong a lot, the lady I talked to was one of the managers though so maybe she knows more than the rest are willing to release.
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    i doubt it. with the speed increase for 4g there gonna make there money on it. they want it to replace home land line services so of course they will charge more, especially since we can wifi tether to cheat and stuff. unlimited may become $50 a month is my guess. which is tooooo expensive for me. ill stick with 3g and get a droid x and keep it for 2 yrs lol til 4g drops in price or i find a better deal.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    I dunno, I assume Verizon will make enough money off of the hardware and the two year contracts. Besides, LTE costs less to operate. But I watched (most of) the CES event for Verizon, and they STILL have no idea how they are going to price LTE. If I ran that company, in fact if anyone on this forum ran that company, it would be unlimited LTE for $29.99/month, pretty much the same pricing and plans, no changes. No one here would reduce the price I think, since if they were the CEO of Verizon, they would get free service. But that's irrelevant, the point is that the decision isn't that hard. And if they haven't decided yet, you know by the time CES rolled around, it makes sense that they would schedule another CES-like event to make more announcements on what they couldn't announce at CES, including LTE pricing and data caps.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BB 9530... ah..we'll see
    Maybe, just maybe the iPhone coming will force Verizon to get as many current customers to upgrade to LTE to make room on their 3G system. If this becomes the case, (again maybe) Verizon may keep the price and plans nearly the same. That's what I'm hoping for.
    January 6, 2011........... what a let down
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links