DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4G LTE Pricing?

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by electric6 View Post
    My local verizon rep's official word on this is $29.99 a month for unlimited 3G/4G. This is likely introductory pricing, so as not to scare people away from the new LTE phones, so I would jump on board early to lock that in for a good long time. I'm 100% sure on this too.
    Well lets just hope that it's true that it's only 29.99$, well verizon has stated many many times it's going to tiered pricing so maybe they either just don't know how to best implement that plan yet, or decided to back away from it for alittle while. I'm hoping it's really not just a introductory pricing.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    THUNDERBOLT!!
    Quote Originally Posted by New2u View Post
    Well lets just hope that it's true that it's only 29.99$, well verizon has stated many many times it's going to tiered pricing so maybe they either just don't know how to best implement that plan yet, or decided to back away from it for alittle while. I'm hoping it's really not just a introductory pricing.

If it is an intro pricing it'd be worth it to jump on the Bolt now to lock in the rate. But what happens if they do increase it by the time your contract is up? Will you still be locked into the price or since you're signing a new contract you have to pay a new rate?
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by New2u View Post

If it is an intro pricing it'd be worth it to jump on the Bolt now to lock in the rate. But what happens if they do increase it by the time your contract is up? Will you still be locked into the price or since you're signing a new contract you have to pay a new rate?
    If they increase it while your already under contract it does nothing to you until you have to sign another contract. Yes it might very well be worth it to jump into a contract with unlimited 4g if that really is only introductory.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt, Droid A855, VL600
    Actually you are grandfathered in so long as your phone number is active on Verizon and your plan for that phone number does NOT change (dumbphone, then switch back to smartphone, etc). If you cancel service on your phone line then re-join verizon and reactivate the number, then you lose unlimited 3G/4G, assuming unlimited is temporary.

But that's terrific! No price change AND unlimited! Truly the best we could have hoped for. I see my Dinc going on eBay haha
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    ntreuter
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
    i wonder how this will work too. I live in a rural area and the nearest 4g is in Boston almost 60 miles away. I don't live or work there and I expect it will be sometime before I get 4g where I live.

I sure don't want to pay a lot more when I know that 99% of the time I will be using 3g, at least until Verizon expands its network.
  6. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    LTE is remaining at $29.99 according to Droid-Life...at least for now.

DroidForums Junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    RaptorOO7
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I wouldn't have an issue of $45 for 3G/4G IF, and I do mean IF it includes tethering. Otherwise its a non starter.
    Follow me on Twitter @ RaptorOO7
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    sixtysixdude
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyco2008 View Post
    Actually you are grandfathered in so long as your phone number is active on Verizon and your plan for that phone number does NOT change (dumbphone, then switch back to smartphone, etc). If you cancel service on your phone line then re-join verizon and reactivate the number, then you lose unlimited 3G/4G, assuming unlimited is temporary.

But that's terrific! No price change AND unlimited! Truly the best we could have hoped for. I see my Dinc going on eBay haha
    That sounds a lot like an AT&T thing. Are you sure this applies to VZW?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Im fairly certain that verizon grandfathers older plans for the life of the active phone number,

At least when they took away unlimited global data for new users it was talked about in moderate depth on the D2G section, and a lot of guys who've had the unl overseas plan get to keep it at no price change, if i recall correctly.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my D2G
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    I wouldn't have an issue of $45 for 3G/4G IF, and I do mean IF it includes tethering. Otherwise its a non starter.
    +1

$45 a month would be doable if it included tethering. As long as I still got my 19% discount on my data plan. :P

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links