DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC Thunderbolt Accessories Start Popping Up Online, 2-3 Weeks Away from Launch?

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member

HTC Thunderbolt Accessories Start Popping Up Online, 2-3 Weeks Away from Launch?

HTC Thunderbolt Accessories Start Popping Up Online, 2-3 Weeks Away from Launch?

Itís pretty widely known that accessory companies receive dummy units of phones long before they ever hit store shelves in order to put together their line of products, so itís not super surprising that HTC Thunderbolt (our gallery) accessories would start popping up early. What is interesting, is the fact that accessory distributor OffWire, is sending out emails to their clients recommending that they start pre-ordering products for the device right away. Weíve also got word from our tipster that when notified about accessories from this particular distributor, the device usually launches 2-3 weeks later. For example, Droid Pro accessories went live on OffWire two weeks before it landed on Verizon.
    Oh and here is a lineup of accessories that we can expect to see including extended batteries:
    Hereís to hoping the Thunderbolt hits stores by the end of January! Weíll know more on Thursday.

Source
    Last edited by Preach2k; 01-04-2011 at 06:24 PM.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Well, now we know the battery is 1400 mAh. And from that, I deduce that this phone has extremely low power consumption.
    Another tantalizing hint about a tantalizing phone...
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    stock rezound mavrom d3
    Im gonna sell.off my droid x for that phone can't wait
    (
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt, Droid A855, VL600
    Yeah I'm selling my incredible for this sucker. I am almost certain we will see a January maybe early February launch, the phone has been in pictures since what, August? But 1400mAh, this phones battery life I estimate will be closer to the Droid X's as opposed to the Incredible. Which means an extended battery may or may not be in your future.

Any ideas on the price? Will 4G cost more per month?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    Nothing on pricing yet. My bet would be on a February release, probably latter half. I think I have already seen some blogs indicating that the battery life may very well be an issue on this phone. Might want to hold on to your phones until some more info starts to drop on this. I would suspect test reports should come back soon in relation to the battery. I know that will be at the top of a lot of people's lists to check.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Why are you guys still guessing a Jan/Feb release? Verizon said at CES that these new 4G phones would be released Q2, some as early as March--so March at the earliest.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shortsxit View Post
    Why are you guys still guessing a Jan/Feb release? Verizon said at CES that these new 4G phones would be released Q2, some as early as March--so March at the earliest.
    Just a rough guess. Anyway, March is first quarter also. That's why I was thinking middle to end of February could be doable. But like I said, only a guess on my behalf.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    A lot of these new/future phones are using new(er) LCD tech that supposedly reduces power consumption by upto 50%. One in particular on display this week (think it was the LG) is suppose to be extremely bright compared to current displays w/o using any more power... but we'll see. Like most people I'm generally not far from a charger so if the specs are right poor battery-life is forgivable especially on the dual-cores.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt, Droid A855, VL600
    I didn't hear Verizon say Q2... Was this at their CES presentation?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BB 9530... ah..we'll see
    Quote Originally Posted by shortsxit View Post
    December 6, at the LTE kickoff Verizon said there won't be any LTE phones until second half 2011. Jan/Feb could still be a possibility, only time will tell.
    January 6, 2011........... what a let down
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links