DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sudden Change in Battery Life (major decrease)

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by alboboy10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbdavies View Post

Thunder rom.
    I'll give that one a try again. Just didn't care for the theme. See how it does.

Thanks.
    Put a launcher on it. Mine looks cool with go launcher. Great performer too.

I forgot what my old thunderbolt performed like
    I believe this is it.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-1700mAh-...524311-1683604
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Put a launcher on it. Mine looks cool with go launcher. Great performer too.

I forgot what my old thunderbolt performed like
    Eh, I flashed it... did LauncherPP... for some reason, it just didn't click with me. Haha. So went to restore my update... and all hell broke loose. Yay for wasting 2 hours of my night.

It hasn't gotten very good reviews. One person says it's defective, and another person says it's just the 1350. Plus, only $15? I would expect a good battery to be at least $50.
    -Jeremy-
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It's not wasted time u know that u don't like it now.

Don't complain about the price being too cheap haha. Better than expensive. People in this forum have tried the battery and said works fine
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    That's good. I trust people here more than some *****y customer on Amazon. lol
    -Jeremy-
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by gymangel812 View Post
    Over the past several days, I have been getting much worse battery life on my TB. yesterday, for example, i charged the phone completely before heading to a movie and lunch. I used the phone for less than 10 mins to surf the net and went into the movie. i came out of the movie and was on the yellow battery bar (15% or 20%, can't remember what it is). I check the battery life stats and it had been 3 hr 34 min since it was fully charged. Similar thing happened today, barely used the phone and it was completely dead by dinner time. usually the battery is about 50% by the end of the day when the battery was working correctly. any ideas as to what could cause this? i didn't install any new apps/programs recently. i have been having a few random reboots, which i'm reading is a known problem. do i just need to take it to verizon? i bought it at best buy, do i need to do there or can i just take it to verizon?

Reboot.. i notice my phone does this from time to time.. and when this happens i can notice that my battery is warmer than normal.. reboot solves this problem
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I've been having great battery life. I can get 24 hours on moderate usage. However, for some reasons the past couple weeks when I unplug my phone at 6am in the morning, it drains like water. Just today, been less than 4 hours and I'm down to 44%. I've never experienced it this badly. However, I want to point out that A REBOOT DOES FIX THIS DRAIN. I had to reboot everyday. Like yesterday, I was at 67% after 2 hours, rebooted, down to 61%, but after 10 hours it only drained about 10% (with little usage). My question is - how come I had to reboot it every time? I never had to do this in the past, and it's getting annoying. I know it's something in the background because clearly, a reboot fixes it. Can someone help me isolate the issue?

At first, I thought it was lockbot because that was the only thing I did recently that cause the change. I disabled it, but it didn't help. Then from ATK (which I have on my phone, but I do not run it and I do not use auto-kill, it's just there), I noticed everytime I kill the fidelity app (which i downloaded recently), it restarts itself. I uninstalled this app. My phone went back to normal. Then recently it started up again. I noticed the same pattern with Google Voice, so I uninstalled it this morning hoping it'll fix it like the fidelity issue. Unfortunately, it didn't help.

When I check my battery usage, it's mostly cell standby and android system. I checked the details of what the system is using, and it's mostly standard stuff like clock, bluetooth, etc.

I use GOLauncher, but I've had that for 2-3 weeks prior to this battery chaos, I don't think that's the reason. I recently installed Lookout, could this be the battery drain? I don't want to get rid of it until I'm sure that's the issue.

I tested the phone where I fully charged it, unplugged the phone overnight and turned data off, but it only drained 3% overnight without data on. From that, I know it's some app that's probably trying to sync in the background without me knowing. It's not facebook, twitter, emails or anything... I've been fine with battery since I've had the phone on launch date.

Lastly, I'll add that I'm rooted running the stock-rom. All bloatware removed.

Thank you!
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    With look out my phone battery went bad too
    Get watch dog I think it tells u what's eating ur battery
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Links