DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery is horrible.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt

Battery is horrible.

Thunderbolt rooted, das bamf, juice defender, barley use data. The phone can hardly hold a charge from 8 AM to 8 PM. Please help, this is outrageous, even the fact that i have to manually change my phone to make it work well.

Member #
    Phone
    ThunderBolt Rooted 1.8GHz
    Honestly, 12 hours isn't horrible for a smart phone. I'm rooted with stock sense and battery saver beta kernal, set CPU set to on demand and get between 14 and 18 hours. I live on the fringe of 3g and 4g so radio constantly switching. If u want a phone that last 2 or 3 days between charges, I've got an old LG dare I'll sell ya, lol

Rooted stock overclocked to the speed of light
    I donít pretend to have all the answers. I donít pretend to even know what the questions are. Hey, where am I?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    rkwilson07
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    I would recommend installing this app: https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result since it helped me to increase my battery life. You just need to run it once after the stock or new ROM.
    Last edited by Backnblack; 05-10-2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Replaced FB link with Market link
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGERisMYgift View Post
    Honestly, 12 hours isn't horrible for a smart phone. I'm rooted with stock sense and battery saver beta kernal, set CPU set to on demand and get between 14 and 18 hours. I live on the fringe of 3g and 4g so radio constantly switching. If u want a phone that last 2 or 3 days between charges, I've got an old LG dare I'll sell ya, lol

Rooted stock overclocked to the speed of light
    It's horrible. My friend's iphone was pushing through the whole day and he keeps bluetooth on ALL day long. The biggest battery saver for him was when the screen was off. My battery goes slowly even when the screen is off. His didn't nudge. My battery drains so quick on stock battery when my screen is on it's not even funny. It's ridiculous how bad the battery is actually ESPECIALLY if I leave GPS and bluetooth on (as he has it). My phone wouldn't even last a 1/4 of what his iphone was lasting during heavy use.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Yeah It's pretty bad. I hate seeing the battery percentage drop as I'm reading through web pages. Yesterday it dropped from 12:30 to 1:30 to 80% and that was from making a 2 minute call and listening some songs already on my phone.

AND it's the 1600 extended battery. I remember with my Droid 1 listening to music hardly made a dent on my battery. I know this phone is much more powerful but it's still pretty ridiculous. Regardless, I love the phone, but I think I'm gonna have to get the 2700 battery as much as I'll hate the way it looks with it.
  7. RVC
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt
    Mine stays at 100% all day....even in the car!! I have 4 chargers though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    BTGGTR1
    Phone
    Droid X
    My friend had a Thunderbolt, but took it back after a week cause the battery life was so bad. Small battery and LTE just don't mix. You shouldn't have to charge your phone but once a day. Totally ridiculous.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Well since you are posting in the hacks section, you should be rooted. Change your mobile network to CDMA - 3G. You will have a charge for days.
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1675 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Moved to battery section, and if you need more than 12 hours try getting an extended battery. I am using das bamf right now and I have not dropped below 70% in 12 hours. Also let me suggest this: During the morning unplug your phone for a few moments then play with it, then plug it back up while you get ready for work/the day. Grab it agian and tinker with something then plug it in once more. Then when you get into your car plug it into your car charger. Basically you bumped charged it with out turning it off, because you did not turn it off you probably not gonna get as full of a charge as you would with a bump charge, but for me it works fine I am at 100% for and hour or 2. Cuz normally when I take it off the charger first thing in the morning it will drop to 96 or 95 %.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Thanks for the help. But really, you shouldn't have to charge a phone more then once a day. Regardless if its a smartphone, the battery should be made bigger then. I'm in no way an apple/iphone/whatever fanboy but their battery is just fine. My phone is over a month old now, or at least out of the 14 day warranty, is there any way that I can return it for a refund or exchange phones? I love the phone, but the battery kills it. This is just ridiculous.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links