I would like to share my battery usage experience as well. I'm in Los Angeles, CA with very good 4G LTE coverage, and I leave 4G ON THE MOMENT I UNPLUG UNTIL I GO TO BED. I am able to get about 15 hours easily (6:30am - 9:30pm), up to 18 hours (6:30am - midnight) on the stock battery. I'm rooted, but mainly to get rid of the bloatware. I am NOT using another custom rom, just the stock rom. I guess I consider myself a moderate user. Here is what my usage/settings consist of on a normal working day:
- 30 mins - 1 hour phone call on the drive to work in the morning
- 10-30 texts per day, sometimes more
- checking twitter (set to sync every hour) & facebook (set to sync every 4 hours), I have the widgets on my screen
- brightness set to 25%
- power saver mode on at 20%
- about 1 - 1.5 hour of music everyday when I'm working out/driving
- 4-5 short 10-15 mins. phone call daily
- some market/internet browsing
I usually have about 50% left when I get off work around 6pm (which is after almost 12 hours unplugged). When it's around 9pm, sometimes I will still have around 30-35% left, and this is when I try to run it down before I charge it going to bed. I would have my bf play angry birds on it for 1-2 hours or I'll play random games/mess with the settings/features. After about 1-2 hours of angry bird have gone by, it'll run the battery from approx. 30% to about 5-7%. That's when it's plugged in around 11pm or midnight.
Of course on the weekends, I use it more. With that, I've never had to charge my phone or have it die prior to 11pm. Remember, this is with 4g on all day on the stock battery. With just 3g, I imagine it to be better. Hope this helps!