Go to market and download 4G LTE Settings...closest thing to a toggle so far...it won't be long though till one comes out
EDIT: Or just use the app the poster above suggested
LTE OnOFF. This the same thing?
Does this smell like chloroform to you?
Current: Galaxy Nexus
Semi Retired: HTC Thunderbolt
Semi Retired: Motorola Droid
Retired: HTC Touch Pro
Retired: HTC VX-6700
Elite Pro HD Icons
Project Elite 4.2 Honeycomb Theme
Project Elite 5.0.x Honeycomb Theme
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
LTE Lite is the most effective thing I have done to perserve my battery. Next is turning off the auto updates like the FAcebook and "follow" me apps. It has been on for 20+ hours and has about 20% battery left with normal - not hard useage.
Well yesterday i got about 13 hours out of my battery but i noticed that my background data was all turned off but somehow i was still getting all my emails.
today with the BG data turned on i only got 4 hours...
both days had similar use, wifi, mobile data, 30min of calls, a few texts and checking emails.
Last edited by dajogejr; 04-13-2011 at 12:04 PM.
I am sure it's been said before but here's what I have found after using both the stock and extended battery.
1. If you just use the "phone only" the stock battery is great.
2. Exchange / push - syncing uses a lot of battery.
3. When weekends roll around and I use wireless in my house the battery last a long time. Plus, email sync is less often because it's the weekend.
4. LTE OnOFF helps a great deal when I am traveling.
5. If I am in a building where the signal is week the battery dies quickly. The same thing happened with the old iPhone 3GS toy.
6. I have come to realize the extended battery is the only way to travel and get over 12 hours of service.
7. After upgrading the firmware from Verizon it looks like I have to factory reset to fix the GPS and random vibrate issues so that's next on the list.
8. This is still a great phone first. The sound quality is unbelievable and the apps are fantastic.
And that's my two cents.