DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips to Help Improve Battery Life on ThunderBolt

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    My WiFi sleep policy is never and Best Performance is unchecked.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
    Common Misconception:
    Leaving your GPS on drains battery.
    Truth is: GPS is only used when you open an application that requires it. You can leave GPS toggled on at all times.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    On both my HTC Thunderbolt and my OG Droid - if I have WiFi set to never and I leave them on - they're below 50% battery life by the end of the day. Try setting it to Never While Plugged In. I'm not having a problem re-connecting to my Linksys Wireless N router like my OG Droid does (why that IS set to Never). When I went over-seas last year, I noticed significant battery drain from my OG Droid when running on WiFi (even though not doing anything). People say that WiFi is better than 3G for battery life but in my experience, unless your 3G is 1 bar, that's not the case.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    D1, D2, DX,TBolt, Galaxy Nexus
    Hmm... I unplugged last night and played with it a little then went to bed. The phone alarm woke me up this morning then shortly thereafter checked my battery and it said I still had 100%. Even after surfing awhile I still have most of my battery. I took a picture of my battery stats this morning to show. I will go take it off my X now and try to post it.

I've never posted a pic here before so give me a short bit.

(Picture was taken with my deactivated DX.)
    Last edited by MrKleen; 03-27-2011 at 08:55 AM.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    D1, D2, DX,TBolt, Galaxy Nexus
    Ok, I am not saying this is a big deal, it's just the first example that I can give that I have taken a picture of. Anybody can say anything, but without pics it's not real...

I am reading people say that there battery is dying in 4 hours while just sitting there doing nothing. While I am not saying they are wrong, I do think they have an issue that is not normal. Yesterday I went about 21 hours before my battery died. And that included lots of activity including surfing, posting on this board, playing simple games, texting, and phone calls. I really seem to think I got lucky or something cause I am reading so much negative stuff. I even pretty much having people calling me a liar... lol.

I have no need to lie about my battery life. I am also not saying that I think it's anything amazing. But so far it is no worse than my Droid X was. If the phone sucked I would be one of the first to say so and return it because I had to pay full price for mine.

I did have my first issue with the phone this morning and I'll look into it further. I left to go to breakfast and lost my data connection not far from home. No 4g, 3g, nothing... but I was able to make calls. And it was strange that when I got back home my 4g connection returned and everything has been fine. I usually have my phone on wi-fi while home but I am leaving it on 4g for now to do some tests.

Like I said, I am not saying the pictures below are anything amazing, but they show that I went a couple hours in the evening and then all night while I slept to wake to my phone alarm and a battery that is still full. The phone was idle the entire evening while I slept, but it simply shows that it was not dead by the time I got up like some are saying.

I will take more pics to show the battery usage while during the day and in full use also.

People that are having absolute terrible battery should swap their phones out. I don't mean those that are coming from a flip phone and are surprised they can't go 3 days on a charge.... I mean phones that die in a couple hours while not even being used.

I've owned all these phones and this Thunderbolt is no worse off with the battery than my Droid X. Straight up...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tips to Help Improve Battery Life on ThunderBolt-2011-03-27battery1.jpg   Tips to Help Improve Battery Life on ThunderBolt-2011-03-27battery2.jpg  
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    If you go 8 hours with no battery drop, and I go 8 hours with 50% battery drop, then let's figure out what is going on with my phone. I am honestly bewildered.
    Common Misconception:
    Truth is: GPS is only used when you open an application that requires it. You can leave GPS toggled on at all times.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt
    What do u have your display settings on cause mine is usually 65 or 66 percent of my battery usage and I already have my brightness down to 20 and also have u bump charged

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt
    The above question is for mrkleen

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidF
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    You may have a weak or bad battery. Try picking up a spare, and not a cheap ebay'd battery, and see if that could be the problem. At best you'll have found the issue or part of it, at worst you'll have a spare for when you absolutely need juice and cant charge.

Do you have low signal, whether its 2,3, or 4G throughout the house? I noticed how cell standby is friggin huge. I know I have a D2G and dont have 4G, but normally my phone idle is much higher than cell standby, it seems like the radio may be sucking out a lot of your power.

For comparison, I get non-use stats like MrKleen does. I will have maybe a 13% drop in 8-10 hours of non-use, assuming signal quality is decent.

Again, I should say that I dont know everything and am just trying to throw out ideas.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    I appreciate the help kptphalkon, but I think those percentages are high just because everything else (including Display) is low (if not lower than normal).
    Common Misconception:
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    bump
    10 char
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Links