DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips to Help Improve Battery Life on ThunderBolt

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt
    I did a yet last night to see what helps. I love this phone and always on. Usually got any where from 6-8 hours on one charge. So after reading a few posts and watching a few videos I tried some bat saving tips. Just 2 really. I got rid of my bat percentage widget and I manually put the brightness down to 20%. I started the test with 90% and am now at 40% and its been on for 15 hours with 3.5 hours awake.

Edit: not in 4g area

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
    Last edited by DrewB; 03-25-2011 at 09:54 AM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    TBolt DB 1.6 Imyosen'sBatSaver
    Ok here's what i did today, I bump charged my battery, dimmed down to nothing, my startup cleaner cleaned 24 Bloatware and data apps at startup at 7:35 this morning, I toggeled the radio to cdma auto prl (yes I'm in a 4g area) and I turned my data off nearly the entire day, I also removed the battery left widget that was recommended to monitor battery life, however I sent around 50 texts and listened to music for 5 hours, I DO NOT STREAM IT IT HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED ONTO MY SD CARD FROM ITUNES, as I type this it is 12:30 only five hours later and I have done virtually nothing data related and I'm at 51%, not sure what I'm doing wrong because I've set all apps that sync to not sync unless I manually sync them, I had juice defender but it really wasn't doing much so I unonstalled it, last thing I've done is only reboot once because for some reason that too takes a lot of battery.
    All three days I've had the phone I have unplugged at 7:35 and every day when school is over I'm at 26% when I've down nothing with it.
    What should I do? Return it and ask for a new model since some other people phones are getting 15 hours with heavy LTE usage and I'm lucky to get 8 with no LTE usage at all?
    When is that stupid ota coming out and what will it most likely do?

Departed from the Stratosphere
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I started some years a go with HTC TP so never resolved the battery drain and now we have almost a laptop in our hands and nobady resolved the Laptop battery drain too.
    For me the battery drain will never finish for long time and HTC have this problem for years.
    My solution: extra battery, cahrger in my car,office and home.

Favorite Rom DX: I killed my X D1: MIUI!!! DINC: Sense
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    HowardSternFan
    Phone
    Thunderbolt & OG Droid
    I'm not reading 50 pages to see if this has been mentioned but the Power Saver option seems to handle a lot of these settings for you. So I suppose you could set the threshold to 90% or something and the phone should cut back the battery hogs.

Anyway great list! I plan to link to this list in my blog post reviewing my new TB.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    I've been off the charger for 9 and a half hours. Screen on just over an hour. 20 minutes of calls. Sitting at 70% battery left after setting the screen off profile to the lowest Max in setcpu. That's pretty great as far as I'm concerned. I think something had been running full speed in the background while the screen was off.

Sent from my ADR6400L
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethian View Post
    I'm not reading 50 pages to see if this has been mentioned but the Power Saver option seems to handle a lot of these settings for you. So I suppose you could set the threshold to 90% or something and the phone should cut back the battery hogs.

Anyway great list! I plan to link to this list in my blog post reviewing my new TB.
    Thanks, you should not have to read all the pages in this thread to find the tips, everything worthwhile I compiled is in the first post so always look there first. HTC's built-in Power Saver function is tip #39. I have mine set to turn on at 15% left.
    "These are the Droids you're looking for..."
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    I thought I'd chime in since I got this phone a week ago. This phone is unbelievable. These battery issues are completely overblown. Yesterday(with moderate usage) I had about 30% battery left after 17 hours unplugged.

Currently, I am 8.5 hours unplugged with light to moderate usage(including 40 minutes of music) and I have 60% battery left. Battery Left Widget(which isn't fully calibrated yet) is saying that I have 10.5 hours remaining.

I am absolutely blown away by the battery life.

Some of my techniques include a lower brightness(about 20%) and I have a lot of my syncs set up to only sync when I view them (Email still comes in by the second though). I then set up Tasker(unreal program) to turn off data when I turn my screen off and enable it every 15 minutes for 1 minute at a time until I unlock the phone again. Tasker is also set up to turn on WIFI when I get to my home. The battery is not gashed with the WIFI check, because it will only start scanning for WIFI when I am by my cell tower. When it connects to a WIFI connection, it then stops scanning.

I am not experiencing ANY difference between my D1 and TB in regards to not getting emails/messages/syncs on a regular basis, yet my battery is lasting almost 3 times as long.

Also, I am in a constant 4G area.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by w0lfinator View Post
    I thought I'd chime in since I got this phone a week ago. This phone is unbelievable. These battery issues are completely overblown. Yesterday(with moderate usage) I had about 30% battery left after 17 hours unplugged.

Currently, I am 8.5 hours unplugged with light to moderate usage(including 40 minutes of music) and I have 60% battery left. Battery Left Widget(which isn't fully calibrated yet) is saying that I have 10.5 hours remaining.

I am absolutely blown away by the battery life.

Some of my techniques include a lower brightness(about 20%) and I have a lot of my syncs set up to only sync when I view them (Email still comes in by the second though). I then set up Tasker(unreal program) to turn off data when I turn my screen off and enable it every 15 minutes for 1 minute at a time until I unlock the phone again. Tasker is also set up to turn on WIFI when I get to my home. The battery is not gashed with the WIFI check, because it will only start scanning for WIFI when I am by my cell tower. When it connects to a WIFI connection, it then stops scanning.

I am not experiencing ANY difference between my D1 and TB in regards to not getting emails/messages/syncs on a regular basis, yet my battery is lasting almost 3 times as long.

Also, I am in a constant 4G area.
    The solution itīs like this not only with HTC!!!

Favorite Rom DX: I killed my X D1: MIUI!!! DINC: Sense
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    juicedefender doesn't work for me. Every time I get it all setup it crashes. I have the pro version too.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I hear some of you guys saying to take off the Battery Left widget...is that known to make the battery life worst? I just started using it and would like some opinions on it.
Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Links