DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last OTA?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Last OTA?

Hey all,

I updated a long time ago using one of the ice cream sandwich leaks and I no longer get any of the OTA's. I have lots of trouble staying connected to 3/4G and would like to update to see if that helps my connection issues. Anyone know where to find the most recent update in a format that I can install without being rooted?

Thanks

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    there's no official RUU released for the latest OTA yet... there are ways to update radio and hboot but I would just wait till an official is released.... another thought is you are probably on the ICS global leak if your not recieving the OTA, if you RUU back to the official ICS release before the global leak it would probably prompt you for the official recent OTA on that firmware. fyi this will wipe all data
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Bpowder33 View Post
    there's no official RUU released for the latest OTA yet... there are ways to update radio and hboot but I would just wait till an official is released.... another thought is you are probably on the ICS global leak if your not recieving the OTA, if you RUU back to the official ICS release before the global leak it would probably prompt you for the official recent OTA on that firmware. fyi this will wipe all data
    Thanks, I actually found an RUU with ICS but it's newer than what I had. The radio already seems to work better. Now I'll have to see if it updates OTA but the radio is all I really needed for now.

I used this link for anyone else looking into this issue - [Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Update - I cannot get OTA updates but i'm now on 4.03.604.2 - and the radios work better than the ICS leak from a year ago
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto driod
    I don't think you can go back to the previous RUUs if you're on the global leak and you're s-on, can you?

Regardless, it's really not that painful to get updated to the current global ROM, including the current firmware. I would advise the OP to had over to the xda-developers rezound forums. There he will find very good information on how to get to it.

Using that information, I had the easiest time I've ever had with any update on my rezound.

Good luck!

John
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by ErcDaMerc View Post
    Thanks, I actually found an RUU with ICS but it's newer than what I had. The radio already seems to work better. Now I'll have to see if it updates OTA but the radio is all I really needed for now.

I used this link for anyone else looking into this issue - [Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound
    That build is very solid but as you discovered you cannot downgrade or get OTA's, which puts you in a tough spot for the moment.

For someone reading this I would recommend using the last "official" RUU of ICS, 3.14.605.12, which is also available on Android Police... it will then update to 3.14.605.13 (a pre-requisite for the latest OTA) then after that it will update to 4.5.605.14 which is the current firmware. [Exclusive Download] HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich RUU For Final OTA (3.14.605.12)
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    That build is very solid but as you discovered you cannot downgrade or get OTA's, which puts you in a tough spot for the moment.

For someone reading this I would recommend using the last "official" RUU of ICS, 3.14.605.12, which is also available on Android Police... it will then update to 3.14.605.13 (a pre-requisite for the latest OTA) then after that it will update to 4.5.605.14 which is the current firmware. [Exclusive Download] HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich RUU For Final OTA (3.14.605.12)
    I'll have to do this after while. Thanks for the info.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    Quote Originally Posted by jrredho View Post

I don't think you can go back to the previous RUUs if you're on the global leak and you're s-on, can you?

Regardless, it's really not that painful to get updated to the current global ROM, including the current firmware. I would advise the OP to had over to the xda-developers rezound forums. There he will find very good information on how to get to it.

Using that information, I had the easiest time I've ever had with any update on my rezound.

Good luck!

John
    Ya, I guess you need to be s-off to go back in RUU. Thx for addressing that. I've read a couple post of ppl having problems with updating to the current firmware from the leak, which is why I'm sticking with the leak until an official RUU for the current is released.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto driod
    I've read a couple post of ppl having problems with updating to the current firmware from the leak, which is why I'm sticking with the leak until an official RUU for the current is released.
    That's cool. I just want to say, though, that for me this update went smoother than any others I've ever done. Including proper factory/VZW OTAs. It took something like 2hrs, including downloads. Of course YMMV!

So for the sake of completeness, here's how I went about it from the Global Leak. Two keys, I think, are to fastboot boot amon-ra everywhere it makes sense, and to have the stock recovery on your phone when you do any flashing.

(1) Go to the this thread in the XDA Developers Rezound Android Development forum and download the ROM zip.

(2) Go to this thread in the XDA Developers Rezound General forum, download the firmware (Post 35), and look at the process for S-On users on the Global Leak (Post 59).

(3) Some people who reported having problems had non-stock recoveries flashed on their phones. I extracted the stock, signed recovery from the Global Leak RUU zip file, and flashed this before I re-locked my phone. Oh, and I put the new ROM zip on my external SD card.

(4) After that, follow Post 59 above in (2) verbatim. I had zero problems after flashing the firmware using this process.

(5) Last step is to fastboot boot from amon-ra_v16 and flash the ROM zip. I didn't re-wipe between steps (4) and (5).

Good luck!

john
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    Quote Originally Posted by jrredho View Post

That's cool. I just want to say, though, that for me this update went smoother than any others I've ever done. Including proper factory/VZW OTAs. It took something like 2hrs, including downloads. Of course YMMV!

So for the sake of completeness, here's how I went about it from the Global Leak. Two keys, I think, are to fastboot boot amon-ra everywhere it makes sense, and to have the stock recovery on your phone when you do any flashing.

(1) Go to the this thread in the XDA Developers Rezound Android Development forum and download the ROM zip.

(2) Go to this thread in the XDA Developers Rezound General forum, download the firmware (Post 35), and look at the process for S-On users on the Global Leak (Post 59).

(3) Some people who reported having problems had non-stock recoveries flashed on their phones. I extracted the stock, signed recovery from the Global Leak RUU zip file, and flashed this before I re-locked my phone. Oh, and I put the new ROM zip on my external SD card.

(4) After that, follow Post 59 above in (2) verbatim. I had zero problems after flashing the firmware using this process.

(5) Last step is to fastboot boot from amon-ra_v16 and flash the ROM zip. I didn't re-wipe between steps (4) and (5).

Good luck!

john
    Let me ask you this... Have you noticed any real difference/improvement with the updated radios?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links