DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Huge Battery Drain

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bpowder33 View Post
    I believe factory default reset?
    I'm with Bpowder on this one, probably time for a full factory default! We can poke and peck at this all day, but if there are multiple issues like you describe it's probably the way to go.
    Last edited by acejavelin; 03-27-2013 at 02:02 PM.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    I'm with Bpowder on this one, probably time for a full factory default!
    Damn. I was really hoping it wouldn't come to that, but maybe it's time. If I do a reset, can I restore apps via Titanium backup? or will that just restore whatever my problem is?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    Quote Originally Posted by raptor5k View Post

Damn. I was really hoping it wouldn't come to that, but maybe it's time. If I do a reset, can I restore apps via Titanium backup? or will that just restore whatever my problem is?
    Are you rooted?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Bpowder33 View Post
    Are you rooted?
    Yes, rooted and I use Titanium to back up apps every month or so.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    I also use titanium frequently, I only restore the apps on a fresh install, no data, except for my folder organizer app because there's no way I'm setting that back up again. Did you try wiping dalvik and cache in recovery by chance?
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

I'll have to check it out when I get off work. I work in an area where electronics aren't allowed, so the phone is in the car.

YES! Not at first, which is why it wasn't mentioned in the OP, but especially yesterday I would have 0 service, or at least 0 data. I would reboot the phone and have data back. Also, text messages are taking forever to send, like 2 minutes sometimes. they'll sit with an hour glass and eventually go, most of the time. sometimes they're failing too. I do not have an extended battery or door, So at the risk of sounding ignorant, what's an FDR? I'll try anything to fix this crap. I normally love my phone but the last week is starting to get aggravating.
    Factory data reset. The whole deal. Check the forums on here about it first, cuz you will delete everything and I mean everything. But it fixed all that crap for me. Totally worth all the saving and transferring and time and all that.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    The answer is, yes you can, but I wouldn't... You most likely have something messed up in the phone, and restoring data just restore the issue right back in to the phone.

I would factory default, restore contacts and SMS, and add nothing for a day or two... if the battery drain continues it's probably a bad handset, if it stops then an app or something an app did is causing the issue, so probably don't want to restore apps.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    The answer is, yes you can, but I wouldn't... You most likely have something messed up in the phone, and restoring data just restore the issue right back in to the phone.

I would factory default, restore contacts and SMS, and add nothing for a day or two... if the battery drain continues it's probably a bad handset, if it stops then an app or something an app did is causing the issue, so probably don't want to restore apps.

I did exactly this. Wiped everything last night. I only re-installed about 5 apps (keyboard, alarm clock, battery monitor, titanium backup) So far since last night it's been much better. no battery drain, no annoying flickering of widgets, no service issues. If I get through the day and it's still being good, I'll start reinstalling a few apps at a time. It will take me a few days to get re setup, but hopefully it'll fix my issues. Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone. I'll let you know how it goes.
    acejavelin likes this.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Well day 2 after the wipe, and it's working better than ever. I recovered a dozen more apps last night, and it's still working well. after 20 hours of being on battery last night I was @ 50%. Of course I don't have facebook or email loaded back up yet, but still it seems to be back to normal and then some. Still don't know what caused it, but it looks like I have it fixed. Thanks for the help everyone.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC XV6800 => Droid => Bionic
    Let me know how the facebook thing goes. My daughter's phone works great until she installs facebook and that is when she gets major battery drain. Sadly, she just gets rid of facebook.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links