DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Rezound Assistance from Tbolt

  1. Droid Ninja
    armeddroid's Avatar
    Member #
    26261
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Traffic Capital
    Posts
    1,655
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    #1

    Rezound Assistance from Tbolt

    I need some help real quick.
    I just got a replacement phone from a Tbolt to the Rezound.

    1. How do I transfer files to my SD Card? Seems like everything is going to Phone Storage.

    2. What setting do I need on or set to make sure the display times out and turns the screen off? Seems like I will turn the screen off but if a text message comes, the screen remains on till I do it manually.

    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    acejavelin's Avatar
    Member #
    264612
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Dakota, USA
    Posts
    749
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by armeddroid View Post
    I need some help real quick.
    I just got a replacement phone from a Tbolt to the Rezound.

    1. How do I transfer files to my SD Card? Seems like everything is going to Phone Storage.

    2. What setting do I need on or set to make sure the display times out and turns the screen off? Seems like I will turn the screen off but if a text message comes, the screen remains on till I do it manually.

    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    I will try to answer your questions...

    1. Most applications use the "Phone Storage" by default, each application will need to changed to use the external SD Card in it's settings, such as the camera. Applications cannot be installed on the SD card and will install on Internal Storage or Phone Storage (some apps on Internal Storage can be moved to Phone Storage, some cannot)

    2. Settings-Display-Sleep and set the time desired, it should be 45 seconds by default.

    If you got a replacement phone, was it a refurbished unit? If so, I would highly recommend doing a factory default via hboot before going too far...
  4. Droid Ninja
    armeddroid's Avatar
    Member #
    26261
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Traffic Capital
    Posts
    1,655
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    #3
    I'm familiar with certain applications that can be moved to the SD card but certain applications that I had on my Thunderbolt that was able to go to the SD card are no longer transferable. But I did notice that some applications that I had on my Thunderbolt are now part of the standard applications on the Rezound. So that might be the reason.

    I will go ahead and check that setting for sleep mode on the Rezound. Hopefully that was resolves that.

    And yes it was a refurbished phone. Can you please explain the process of the Hboot factory reset?

    And thank you for the response. I appreciate it.
  5. Super Moderator
    mountainbikermark's Avatar
    Member #
    114152
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Liked
    696 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    #4

    Re: Rezound Assistance from Tbolt

    What texting app are you using? Handcent and Chomp have a setting to allow the screen to wake when you receive a text. It can be set to on or off. If it's set to on it follows the screen time setting that was described in the above post.

    Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  6. Master Droid
    acejavelin's Avatar
    Member #
    264612
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Dakota, USA
    Posts
    749
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by armeddroid View Post
    I'm familiar with certain applications that can be moved to the SD card but certain applications that I had on my Thunderbolt that was able to go to the SD card are no longer transferable. But I did notice that some applications that I had on my Thunderbolt are now part of the standard applications on the Rezound. So that might be the reason.

    I will go ahead and check that setting for sleep mode on the Rezound. Hopefully that was resolves that.

    And yes it was a refurbished phone. Can you please explain the process of the Hboot factory reset?

    And thank you for the response. I appreciate it.
    You will find there are no apps that can be moved to the SD card natively. I understand there are some apps that can do this, I am not familiar with them though, but the Rezound handles the SD card a little different than some phones. There are actually 3 storage areas, Internal Storage (~2.1GB) where apps go by default, Phone Storage (~11GB, in many phones this is called SD Card), and the SD card, which is just a storage volume.

    To boot into hboot and perform a factory reset, power off and remove then reinsert the battery, power on holding VOL DOWN+POWER, after the phone vibrates and the screen comes on release POWER but continue to hold down the VOL DOWN until a menu appears then release it. After a few seconds of "Checking PH98xxx..." messages you will be presented with a menu, use the volume keys to navigate up and down and power like an enter key, the option to factory reset is right there. This will put you at a known good starting point for the phone... I have seen refurbs sometimes have "leftovers" from previous users/ROMs.
  7. Droid Ninja
    armeddroid's Avatar
    Member #
    26261
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Traffic Capital
    Posts
    1,655
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    You will find there are no apps that can be moved to the SD card natively. I understand there are some apps that can do this, I am not familiar with them though, but the Rezound handles the SD card a little different than some phones. There are actually 3 storage areas, Internal Storage (~2.1GB) where apps go by default, Phone Storage (~11GB, in many phones this is called SD Card), and the SD card, which is just a storage volume.

    To boot into hboot and perform a factory reset, power off and remove then reinsert the battery, power on holding VOL DOWN+POWER, after the phone vibrates and the screen comes on release POWER but continue to hold down the VOL DOWN until a menu appears then release it. After a few seconds of "Checking PH98xxx..." messages you will be presented with a menu, use the volume keys to navigate up and down and power like an enter key, the option to factory reset is right there. This will put you at a known good starting point for the phone... I have seen refurbs sometimes have "leftovers" from previous users/ROMs.
    Nice. I'll get on it. I'll let you guys know wassup. I wanna start there first then see what happens .
    Thanks everyone.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 01:50 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 07:33 AM
  3. rezound for tbolt
    By DROID11 in forum HTC ThunderBolt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2011, 06:36 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 01:59 PM
  5. New Tbolt, Were to go?
    By shizumie in forum Thunderbolt Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 07:47 AM

Search tags for this page

rezound no longer auto launching sd drives

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+