DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I don't understand

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    T-Mo has been doing this for years. Verizon and AT&T don't care about their customers. They care about the $$$$. Why else would they acknowledge that tethering is using your data your way on non-unlimited data plans? Why else would they have done away with 1 year contracts and 1 year upgrades? Why else would they have done away with new every 2? I've personally just said screw it. I'll stick with Big Red until they steal my unlimited. Once they do, I'm gone.
    Same here. Once they get rid of unlimited then I'm gone as well. Carriers used to have limits then they said unlimited then they said we need to have limits again. it's all about the $$ and if enough people start to complain and drop the service then they will get the hint. I'm locked in for one more year then I go month to month. What upsets me is that Google can sell unlocked GSM phones for $300 with no contract and yet VZW tells me the same phone is $659? WTF?!?!?! the VZW chip that runs on their network costs $300? yeah right...

If T Mobile or one of the other companies that does unlimited internet for $ and not $$$ actually had great 4g coverage like VZW has, everyone would be switching.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Droid X --> SGS3 --> Note II
    OK, here's what I don't understand, and I'm sure this has come up before:
    My $200 SGS3 was a subsidized price: Verizon paid the bulk of the retail price to lock me into a 2 year contract. I get that, and I have no problem with it. I'll need phone service for those two years, and it will be with Verizon anyway, so whatever.
    BUT...if I had bought the phone at retail for $600 (or whatever), I'd STILL have to pay the same amount per month, right? Same plan, same cost. So, technically, I'm not paying VZW back on a monthly basis for the phone, because people who buy unsubsidized phones DON'T pay $30 less for the same plan, right? The only difference is that they can cancel their plan at any time without penalty and switch carriers. That's not worth an extra $300-$400 to me. But I completely understand that it is for some folk. I'm not judging or mocking.
    I'm just saying that IF I'm going to stay with VZW anyway, and IF there's no monthly payment difference between subsidized and unsubsidized, THEN it's better to buy subsidized. Also, Verizon never gets that subsidize money back from me, right?
    For the record, I have no plans to change carriers, I like VZW's coverage, call quality, and phone selection.
    FoxKat likes this.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    --Thomas A. Edison
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoore1701 View Post
    OK, here's what I don't understand, and I'm sure this has come up before:
    My $200 SGS3 was a subsidized price: Verizon paid the bulk of the retail price to lock me into a 2 year contract. I get that, and I have no problem with it. I'll need phone service for those two years, and it will be with Verizon anyway, so whatever.
    BUT...if I had bought the phone at retail for $600 (or whatever), I'd STILL have to pay the same amount per month, right? Same plan, same cost. So, technically, I'm not paying VZW back on a monthly basis for the phone, because people who buy unsubsidized phones DON'T pay $30 less for the same plan, right? The only difference is that they can cancel their plan at any time without penalty and switch carriers. That's not worth an extra $300-$400 to me. But I completely understand that it is for some folk. I'm not judging or mocking.
    I'm just saying that IF I'm going to stay with VZW anyway, and IF there's no monthly payment difference between subsidized and unsubsidized, THEN it's better to buy subsidized. Also, Verizon never gets that subsidize money back from me, right?
    For the record, I have no plans to change carriers, I like VZW's coverage, call quality, and phone selection.
    I can see what your saying and I agree to a point. For some of us it's about keeping unlimited data more than a subsidized phone. I really never minded being locked into a contract until this share bs started. I too have a year left and I'm curious what this next year will bring. I still don't have 4g at home. So between that and losing unlimited data it doesn't look good for Verizon when it comes to my family. We'll just have to wait and see what unfolds. Dec 2013 is the magic month.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums
    FoxKat likes this.
    Droid does...Apple bites

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    I don't see corporations, any corporations, passing anything along to the consumers but grief. It's all about the bottom line. It's all about greed.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Droid X --> SGS3 --> Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudRam View Post
    I can see what your saying and I agree to a point. For some of us it's about keeping unlimited data more than a subsidized phone. I really never minded being locked into a contract until this share bs started. I too have a year left and I'm curious what this next year will bring. I still don't have 4g at home. So between that and losing unlimited data it doesn't look good for Verizon when it comes to my family. We'll just have to wait and see what unfolds. Dec 2013 is the magic month.
    I sympathize... in fact, in June, when the deadline loomed for the end of unlimited data, I was forced into a choice: buy the SGS3 and keep unlimited for 2 more years, or give up unlimited and wait for the Razr Maxx HD, which wouldn't be out for months? I decided to get the SGS3 and keep UD. I love the SGS3, so I'm glad I got to keep unlimited data AND get a great phone.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    --Thomas A. Edison
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links