DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with my rooted Rezound that now it keeps on looping and drains the battery

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    It most likely means you were running a ROM that was based on the 4.3.605.2 leaked firmware, without going S-OFF the only thing you can do is is flash the 4.3.605.2 Global Mode RUU leak I linked above, the 3.14 version won't work.

I am not saying this will fix your problem, but installing it should put you at a "known state" of a good software load, so then you can determine if the issue is hardware is software.
    Last edited by acejavelin; 11-05-2012 at 08:44 PM.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    i ran the command fastboot oem lock and now i get relocked, but when i try to boot the phone with the 4.3.605.2 firmware it doesn't do anything it keeps on saying no image or wrong image and to press power to continue but when i press power it takes me to bootloader. all i can do now is get to bootloader, but nothing else. what should i do next
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Verify the file is on the root of the SD card and it is named exactly "PH98IMG.zip", case-sensitive, and beware the Windows "double zip" issue because it sometimes hides extensions and if you add a .zip to the file the phone will see it as .zip.zip and fail. I know it works, done it several times. You are really close, don't worry, it will get there...
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ok so now it started the update, but somehow the phone shut off in the middle of the update. now it says tampered and relocked right below it what does it mean
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    my rezound went to rezound heaven. but i just got a new one recertified from verizon. what can i do to it so i can teather and can i install ics or what is the best rom in your opinion
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Hmmm... I have flashed many a Rezound with the RUU and never had a problem, several reboots are normal but I guess if it dies, it died...

Stock and rooted is the best way to go in my opinion, then use Wireless Tether. If I was going to go to a ROM it would probably be ViperRez 1.0.3 or Newts OnE XxX RLS 5.1.1, if you are into an AOSP ROM I have heard good things about (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ v1.9 LINARO!. But to be honest, HowardZ or one of the other members here might be able to give a better recommendation, I haven't really done anything with custom ROMs on the Rezound.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ok thank thank you for your recommendation, but i'm really a newbie, what is stock and rooted. what are the steps i would need to take thanks for the advise
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    If i root my new rezound will i get better battery life also does anyone have the latest link to the process i am going to try stock and rooted as you and mrsmith advised
    i am on
    android version 4.0.3
    htc sence version
    software number
    3.14.605.12.710RD
    kernel version
    3.0.12-gd0049f1
    htc-kernel@u18000-build-144 #1
    baseband version
    1.22.0.0421r, 1.22.10.0424r
    bulld number
    3.14.605.12 cl372320 release-keys
    browser version
    webkid/534.30
    pri version
    1.16_002, 2.10_002
    prl version
    eri version

is this all up to date i press software update and it says everything is up to date.
    please advise i want to start this process and finish before this weekend starts, thanks in advance
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    This is a common misconception of rooting, but the answer is no, rooting by itself will not give you better battery life. The only thing rooting really does is gives you and applications read-write access to the parts of the file system that you cannot normally access by calling a program called 'su' (which incidentally is short for Switch User, not superuser) that is part of the SuperUser or SuperSU package. What this does allow though is for you to remove bloat stuff that can be draining the battery, although in ICS it isn't necessary to do anymore just for that in most cases, since stuff can be disabled natively.

Rooting the Rezound can give you other benefits though, like being able to remove HTCLinkifyDispatcher... remember being able to open YouTube links in the YouTube app? Well, clean that out and you can again! There are a ton of other things root can give you as well, search in the Play Store for "root" and you will find a bunch of apps that can use root access to stuff you didn't think was possible.
    Last edited by acejavelin; 11-16-2012 at 07:37 AM.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    thanks ace, i see in your phone you posted that you have a rezound. i guess you are running stock and rooted as you previously advised. what else did you do to yours? and do you have the latest link to do the rooting thanks in advance an i also wonder what mrsmith used to have on his before he switched over to the galaxy
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links