DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: phone ring app

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound

phone ring app

Looking for an app that can assign different rings for different groups such as a specific ring for numbers not in contracts or a specific ring for a group in contracts. There is (was) an app for Palm called "m ring" that did this but can't find a similar app for android.
    Freedom without Restraint is a certain pathway to Disaster.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Maybe app "contacts Groupu(Free)" by MTM HZSTUDIO

well, maybe not that one.

"Go contacts EX" - you can assign a ringtone for each group, and I suppose if someone calls who is not in a group then the phone's default ringtone will be used?
    Last edited by HowardZ; 10-03-2012 at 07:29 PM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    droid x2
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardZ
    Maybe app "contacts Groupu(Free)" by MTM HZSTUDIO

well, maybe not that one.

"Go contacts EX" - you can assign a ringtone for each group, and I suppose if someone calls who is not in a group then the phone's default ringtone will be used?
    Bit then wont you have to have go launcher too?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    GO Contacts EX is one of the few GO apps that does not require you to have GO Launcher.

I tried a handful of alternate dialer/contact managers... all of them seem to have conflicts with Sense in some shape or form, nothing major but enough of an annoyance to me that I always just went back to stock... unfortunately I don't remember the specific feature in any of the ones I tried but it wasn't really something I was looking for either, some of the ones I would recommend trying are:

GO Contacts EX
    TouchPAL Contacts (Their Keyboard is amazing too BTW!)
    DW Contacts & Phone & Dialer

All three were very good, and installing and removing them had no effect on the existing contacts.
    Last edited by acejavelin; 10-04-2012 at 09:22 PM.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Not sure how fancy these apps you're using are or anything but the phone already does this stock. In People you can assign rings to individuals or groups and other callers will default to your default ringtone set under sounds in the settings menu. Most SMS apps do the same. I know GoSMS has what it calls individual settings were it will change the entire behavior of the phone based on what you set up of individuals. i.e. personal sigs, rings, and notifications. Handcent did the same.
    Rezoundingly VidJunky!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by VidJunky View Post
    Not sure how fancy these apps you're using are or anything but the phone already does this stock. In People you can assign rings to individuals or groups and other callers will default to your default ringtone set under sounds in the settings menu. Most SMS apps do the same. I know GoSMS has what it calls individual settings were it will change the entire behavior of the phone based on what you set up of individuals. i.e. personal sigs, rings, and notifications. Handcent did the same.
    How do you assign a ringtone to a group? I dug through the menus last night and this morning and can't seem to find it. Although with working 42 hours in 3 days already and a long week ahead of me yet, I am not quite the sharpest right now...
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    How do you assign a ringtone to a group? I dug through the menus last night and this morning and can't seem to find it. Although with working 42 hours in 3 days already and a long week ahead of me yet, I am not quite the sharpest right now...

Ok, if you see the dialpad, buttons 0...9, you need to press the lower left button to get out of the dialpad display.

Now you will see a row of buttons on the bottom. Press the button for groups. You will see all your groups.

Now click on a group and you will see a list of all the people in this group.

Next press the menu button and select manage. Your groups will be displayed along with a music note next to each group name.

Click on the music note to select a ringtone for that group.

If a menu shows up, select "android system" and select the ringtone. Now every contact in that group has this ringtone.

Assuming every contact in your phone is in a group, assigning a ringtone to each group will assure every known number has a ringtone. When an unknown caller calls you, then the phone's settings' default ringtone will be used.
    Last edited by HowardZ; 10-04-2012 at 01:16 PM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardZ View Post
    Next press the menu button and select manage. Your groups will be displayed along with a music note next to each group name.

Click on the music note to select a ringtone for that group.

If a menu shows up, select "android system" and select the ringtone. Now every contact in that group has this ringtone.

Assuming every contact in your phone is in a group, assigning a ringtone to each group will assure every known number has a ringtone. When an unknown caller calls you, then the phone's settings' default ringtone will be used.
    Hmmm... weird... I don't get a Manage option, just "Add contact to group", "Edit Group", or "Delete Group", and none of those gives me the "music note" thing in the stock ROM, either 3.14.605.12 or 4.3.605.2
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Ace,

Did you install "go contacts EX" ?
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 / LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardZ View Post
    Ace,

Did you install "go contacts EX" ?
    Once... a long time ago... I have Factory Reset and flashed RUUs a few times since then though.

Tried the "Manage" thing on my work phone too, made a new group, saved it and when back to the group, no manage option, and this phone has never been anything but stock and has less than 20 apps loaded, mostly work related.

Both phones show same options, whether its a created or "stock" group... See attached, no Manage option, and edit only lets me delete multiple contacts at once.

phone ring app-2012-10-04_22-15-18.jpg
    Last edited by acejavelin; 10-04-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links